Wiki Posts
Search

Lucky in the Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
Lucky in the Lounge

I'm not sure if others have experienced this, or I just have a nice face, but.....

Flew LHR to MAN last week in J. Availed myself of the lounge offerings and had a merry flight. On my return the following day, I went into the lounge at MAN, showed my boarding pass on the app and was welcomed like an old friend. When the flight was called, the Lounge Angle approached me and said, "Mr Dombo17uk, your flight has been called. Stay for another drink as they've not started to board just yet. I'll let you know when the do". When told priority boarding had started I made my way to the gate, checked the app and realised I was only group 3 and I was in fact in Y for the return flight-i had assumed company TA booked J both ways.

Anyway, today I'm flying LHR to NBO on a fully flex Y ticket. At CW check-in, I asked about the possibility of an upgrade (EF showing 0 in all buckets for a couple of weeks) but told nothing available, as expected, but there may be some shuffling around if there are mixed connections. The check-in agent suggested I head to the lounge and check to see if it was busy and whether they would take pity on me and allow access. I did this, explained I was only bronze, soon to be silver, and the Lounge Angel waved me through with a lovely smile.

So, within a week, I've been in the lounge on two occasions when I have no right to be here! I'm not complaining, of course, just highlighting luck and/or kindness!

Safe flying peeps
wanderingjock, duncgor and davm666 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.