Search

BA62/63 [LHR<->Seychelles] Diversion

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA62/63 [LHR<->Seychelles] Diversion

Hi,

Currently in SEZ, still waiting for inbound plane to arrive. I think it's diverted. Anyone know whether that's the case and expected arrival time?

Thanks,
Roy.

Last edited by qrpory; Jul 7, 2018 at 11:22 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:03 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

According to Flightradar24, the aircraft operating BA62 (G-ZBKC) has diverted to Mauritius (MRU)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:10 am

ba.com suggests you are looking at a 30 hour delay and a departure on Monday at 15.00.

BA doesn't seem to be having much luck with SEZ at present. Not sure why the diversion.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
On the track status page of BA it says BA62 is delayed until 15:00 tomorrow !
I assume the pilots have no hours left to fly back to SEZ today.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Going there in October. I hope there is not a repeat. That is a big disruption for the passengers.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:47 am

Interesting diversion, given Mauritius is 1000 miles to the south of the Seychelles.

I was on the return flight a couple of weeks ago. I wouldn’t have minded a 30 hour delay. I’m sure Mauritius is very nice but it must be frustrating for those on the outbound flight.

Palmer
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Apparently the pilot took 2 attempts to land in the wind before diverting.
Other smaller aircraft had landed
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Palmer
Interesting diversion, given Mauritius is 1000 miles to the south of the Seychelles.
There's not a lot of options if you've already attempted to land in SEZ. Other than Mogadishu (which ~250 miles closer), MRU is the closest BA destination, with NBO being a few miles further on. I guess no one would want to divert to Somalia!

Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by shefgab
I guess no one would want to divert to Somalia!
that would be unquestionable
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by shefgab
There's not a lot of options if you've already attempted to land in SEZ. Other than Mogadishu (which ~250 miles closer), MRU is the closest BA destination, with NBO being a few miles further on. I guess no one would want to divert to Somalia!
I asked this specific question of the captain on my service to SEZ and his reply was that Mombasa was his preferred option, then Maldives/MRU.

New BA Routes 2018: Victoria, Seychelles (SEZ)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by qrpory
Apparently the pilot took 2 attempts to land in the wind before diverting.
Other smaller aircraft had landed
Hopefully BA agrees to put you back for the night at the same resort you stayed so far! There are worse places to have a delay than Seychelles . See below the thread about a Mauritius delay a couple of weeks ago where everyone seemed happy about the outcome and how BA handled it.

17 June BA 2062 [MRU-LGW] Mauritius cancelled
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Stuck up in this too. At The Savoy Hotel & Spa, so that good, just have another night in London due to connecting flight and arriving late on Monday.
Been texted the new flight info and told to accept this new flight, but can’t find the accept button to do this.
Many help?
Cheers
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by craigdthomas
Stuck up in this too. At The Savoy Hotel & Spa, so that good, just have another night in London due to connecting flight and arriving late on Monday.
Been texted the new flight info and told to accept this new flight, but can’t find the accept button to do this.
You may need to go on to the main BA.com website to do it (and mostly it doesn't work anyway!). From a mobile go to View & Manage more Flight Details / Manage My Booking and then select the return flight.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Cheers CWS. Did this, but only the new flight is showing.
Does that mean we’re on the new flight?
Doing a conversation on Twitter, but on the go slow!
Thanks
Craig
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by craigdthomas
Cheers CWS. Did this, but only the new flight is showing.
Does that mean we’re on the new flight?
Doing a conversation on Twitter, but on the go slow!
I would assume you have been rebooked in this case. You could also check here to see what it says, I would expect the previous arrangements to show as well as the new ones.

https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.