Search

Same menus out and inbound?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Same menus out and inbound?

I have just returned from a week in Lanzarote and the menu on the outbound from LGW to ACE was identical to the inbound. Is this normal?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold, TK Smiles and Miles, Hilton Honors
Did you fly out and back in different months? If so then it is normal.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
I have just returned from a week in Lanzarote and the menu on the outbound from LGW to ACE was identical to the inbound. Is this normal?
Yep - what you don't eat on the outbound, BA will keep in storage and re-serve it to you on the inbound!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 3:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, the current system, explained in the main CE thread, is that there is a monthly rotation which switches menus on the 1st day of the month. Whatever was served on the outbound in month1 becomes the inbound in month2, and there is a 3 month uber-rotation on top of that. It gets even more tedious if you do (e.g) a connecting short or medium flight to a long location on 30 June and then the next day return the same route, you may see rather a lot of beetroot. If you do a lot of CE trips you will discover than while LHR. LGW, LCY-STN all have their own menus, that within each host airport actually there are only 4 hot items over a summer or winter period. Just be grateful you're not a vegetarian!
missdimeaner and PJSMITH0 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, the current system, explained in the main CE thread, is that there is a monthly rotation which switches menus on the 1st day of the month. Whatever was served on the outbound in month1 becomes the inbound in month2, and there is a 3 month uber-rotation on top of that. It gets even more tedious if you do (e.g) a connecting short or medium flight to a long location on 30 June and then the next day return the same route, you may see rather a lot of beetroot. If you do a lot of CE trips you will discover than while LHR. LGW, LCY-STN all have their own menus, that within each host airport actually there are only 4 hot items over a summer or winter period. Just be grateful you're not a vegetarian!
The level of care and attention shown to CE passengers in this catering reshuffle certainly was decided by the bean counters.

The thrill of it for the holidaymakers....yes I'd love a chicken curry and rice in 30C heat!
Old Jul 6, 2018, 7:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by smokie36
The thrill of it for the holidaymakers....yes I'd love a chicken curry and rice in 30C heat!
Hate to be a right bore but after departing from 30C heat in CE, I appreciated the curry on the rather chilly aircraft.

In-flight temperature was probably only down to 21 degrees or so (I wasn't even by the exit) but I felt the chill after being in hot places for a while (including tarmac boarding, warm airport, very hot general environment) I had a blanket on!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.