Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Error on Website Trying to Book YVR-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Error on Website Trying to Book YVR-JFK

Not sure if this is just a temporary issue, but I've been looking to book YVR-JFK on CP on the BA website with Avios. I never have issues with this - and I keep getting this error: "There was a problem with your request - try again later". I don't have an issue with any of my other searches with BA flights (to London, for example) - seems to be an issue when I search partner destinations. Any ideas?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are a number of problems currently ongoing, affecting Cathay Pacific, AA and BAEC's processing on routes where there is an issue. If you skim the forum a few pages you will find a few other theads on the issue. For Cathay it seems to be connected with some changes they made to Asia Miles recently. All we can suggest is that you call up, but that may not help either.
pokee likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I believe it's related to the AA issue - it's checking for flights with AA too, and encounters an error, so doesn't bring anything up.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 12:05 pm
Suspended

this has been SOP for quite a while now.
another nail in the coffin for me.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BenSenise
this has been SOP for quite a while now.
another nail in the coffin for me.
Bit of a bummer, because I want to keep an eye on availability and also compare taxes on CX flights with taxes on AS flights. Now I have to call it in just to get that info...unless anyone knows the CX taxes/fees on these flights (see below)? And any other website I can check availability (I don't have Asia Miles account so cannot log in to check on CX website).

YVR - JFK - CX888
JFK - YVR - CX889
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:17 pm

myself and colleagues have had the same problem. Called Ba several times including the number for website help but have got nowhere. They say there is no problem that they know of but will report it. Incredible
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ajaffe
myself and colleagues have had the same problem. Called Ba several times including the number for website help but have got nowhere. They say there is no problem that they know of but will report it. Incredible
WOW - do you know if you can still get them to look-up/book CX, AA and AS flights if you call in? I haven't read anything on this forum that definitively confirms that the issue is JUST with the website, and not with the entire partner award booking system...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
WOW - do you know if you can still get them to look-up/book CX, AA and AS flights if you call in? I haven't read anything on this forum that definitively confirms that the issue is JUST with the website, and not with the entire partner award booking system...
I know they can look up Ba flights sorry don’t know about the others
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Weird - I was able to search the CX flights today!!! I guess the issue is intermittent!
Old Jul 11, 2018, 1:37 pm

thanks just tried ba flight and that worked too! Maybe they’ve sorted the problem
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
...unless anyone knows the CX taxes/fees on these flights (see below)?

YVR - JFK - CX888
JFK - YVR - CX889
When I flew those flights in 2017 the taxes/fees were $47.76 each way for an Avios booking in F.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Bit of a bummer, because I want to keep an eye on availability and also compare taxes on CX flights with taxes on AS flights. Now I have to call it in just to get that info...unless anyone knows the CX taxes/fees on these flights (see below)? And any other website I can check availability (I don't have Asia Miles account so cannot log in to check on CX website).

YVR - JFK - CX888
JFK - YVR - CX889
In May, 2018, taxes and fees for a one way Avios redemption in CX J YVR-JFK was $188.90 for two people. So $89.45 CAD per person. The same flight using Asia Miles shows fees of $84.51 CAD.

Last edited by Finkface; Jul 11, 2018 at 11:47 pm
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
In May, 2018, taxes and fees for a one way Avios redemption in CX J YVR-JFK was $188.90 for two people. So $89.45 CAD per person. The same flight using Asia Miles shows fees of $84.51 CAD.
I was able to check yesterday. It is over a hundred bucks now!!! Ugh.. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.