Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Website Error Message

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

BA Website Error Message

Anyone else having trouble wit BA website? I've tried for a couple of weeks to check award availability and keep getting an error message. Tried multiple times on Explorer, Safari and Chrome.... same error message.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:26 am

I've experienced the same, very frustrating.
Out of interest, what O&D pair are you searching for?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am able to get redemptions at least as far as the payment page as of 08:30 BST.

With these sorts of very general questions, it's probably best to be as specific as possible - routes, dates, cabins, airline - since there are known issues in particular areas (currently AA, AA connections, CX, Japan etc) and this allows for a more useful reply.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am able to get redemptions at least as far as the payment page as of 08:30 BST.

With these sorts of very general questions, it's probably best to be as specific as possible - routes, dates, cabins, airline - since there are known issues in particular areas (currently AA, AA connections, CX, Japan etc) and this allows for a more useful reply.
I've had a similar issue when trying any ex-LHR to any US destination search. It seems to time out and generate this error:
mikeyfly and Great_circle like this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Try using the sidebar search in My Executive Club. Select , ensure the From and To are populated by the auto-suggest on the drop down, use LHR rather than LON, and make sure all the other details are correct (dates/single-return). If you want someone to check a specific route then it's best to give the details.

cubedweller likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
I’ve had the same issue for close to a week now when searching for pretty much any availability ex-LHR (across dates and classes). Tried multiple browsers, multiple devices (different PCs, iOS devices, even the BA App). This included searches where there was plenty of availability and those where there was none (as verified by the GGL line over the phone).

The GGL line did not know of any systems issues on the BA end, but I am quite certain something has changed that is causing this problem.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by cubedweller
I've had a similar issue when trying any ex-LHR to any US destination search. It seems to time out and generate this error:
I have had the same error for the past few weeks. It takes multiple attempts to get any results.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Andriyko

Originally Posted by cubedweller
I have had the same error for the past few weeks. It takes multiple attempts to get any results.
There are random time-outs trying this kind of search. What timed out 3 min ago then works, but after trying 10 times and having no success it's certainly frustrating. Although no IT expert, it's hard for me to think the fault could be elsewhere than by BA, as it happens to users in many locations, irrespective of time of day, hardware, OS or browsers.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Having the same issue. I think it stems from an American Airlines problem.

I cannot for the life of me search LHR-JFK/LON-NYC avios reward seats without telling me there's an error.

However, tried LHR-EWR, worked first time. AA doesn't fly to EWR.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
AA doesn't fly to EWR.
Only about 20 flights a day, a medium sized oustation by AA's standard, but not directly from LHR which is what I assume you meant?. The issue with AA flights has unfortunately been affecting even reward searches where they are involved as a possible connection though :/
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Silver
Yes of course, sorry I meant from London directly.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
I had been having this problem for several weeks (searches for Avios seats in J or F but not Y to NYC) and posted about in on the BA.com problems thread here. Yesterday however I had no problems with the search and assumed it had been fixed - looks as though I was too optimistic....
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:12 am

In a call to BA they said the site hasn't worked properly since April!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Had problems the last 2 weeks looking ex LHR to SEA and PHX
only works if tick companion voucher !

Using BA app
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
I've been looking at AUS in October for a week now and always get the message referenced. I can see availability on baredemptionfinder.com but am keen to see the taxes that would be attached - not ready to book yet. Any workarounds anyone has found, short of calling BA directly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.