Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming missing Avios/Tier Points

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Claiming missing Avios/Tier Points

May I know if it works to claim back the missing flights taken in the previous membership year and get back the TPs in the upcoming membership year for retaining status?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You can claim but the TP's won't count towards this year but the Avios can obviously be useful whether that's from your last membership last year or not.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by ny911
May I know if it works to claim back the missing flights taken in the previous membership year and get back the TPs in the upcoming membership year for retaining status?
No, alas. Avios and TPs - if retroactively credited - are credited to the membership year in which the date of travel/point of accrual occurred.

From your question, I assume your missing Avios/TPs are from the previous membership year to the membership year in which you are now.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, MU Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the replies.

I just attained my Gold and there is an unexpected trip coming up in July/Aug and seeking ways to utilise my TPs and money to retain Gold for the years after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.