Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier Points Grace Period - How Long to 'kick in'?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AC

Hi all,

I had a trip the other week the took me over the threshold to gold, however the flights occurred about 4 (outbound) and 10 (inbound) days after my tier point collection year ended. When the flights were credited to my account, I called the BAEC hotline and asked about the two-week extension. The associate on the phone said she would put in the request for me and get it sent 'downstairs' and that should be all I need to do.

I was just curious to know what people's experiences were on how long it takes to process this all? I called first thing on Wednesday morning when the points were credited to my account (it's now Monday afternoon at time of posting and no changes on my account). I've got a couple of long haul flights coming up so would like to take advantage of the new lounges (I had a flight back from JHB last night and would have killed for a shower in the arrivals lounge...)

I did a search for this type of info but didn't find much so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere!

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
was very quick for me last year. 1 or 2 days I think.

I have another related question: Is this (using the grace period) something you can do year after year or is it one off/occasionally?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I called on a Wednesday and got an email on the Sunday saying I'd made Gold. My card didn't turn up for another 2.5 months though...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
My gold card expires in a week but I’m told there may be a couple of days ‘down time’ while they manually reinstate gold due to the qualifying points being within the 2-week grace period.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, AC
Thanks all - I woke up this morning to a Welcome to Gold email - so all in all a week from my phone call to processing it.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by andeke07
Thanks all - I woke up this morning to a Welcome to Gold email - so all in all a week from my phone call to processing it.
Same pleasant morning experience for me - took only 3 days from calling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.