Wiki Posts
Search

Guests at The Club MCO

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Guests at The Club MCO

As per the title, are guests allowed into the Club at MCO? Our friends are travelling on same BA flight but have no status and are travelling WT+. We are BA silver and are travelling in CLub. It would be great if we could guest them in to the lounge as we can do in the BA lounges here in the UK.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

According to this yes but I've no direct experience.

Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks
I checked the BA lounges information and saw no exclusion but wondered if anyone had some direct experience. Its never great being turned away and having to do the walk of shame.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by The scotsman
Thanks
I checked the BA lounges information and saw no exclusion but wondered if anyone had some direct experience. Its never great being turned away and having to do the walk of shame.
Apologies and I wasn't if you'd seen that but have. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who has recent experience and the thread is very accurate I believe so please if you can do report back how you got on as I am sure that will be warmly appreciated and every data point is useful
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:04 am
Original Poster

no apology needed, useful information to have. thanks for providing it. I will definitely post my experience which isn't actuall until October.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: AA : BA
Yes, I have guested into that lounge recently. Not much of a lounge tho.........
Old Jun 22, 2018, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Thank you SoggyDollar. I am not expecting much but it will be good to get a quick drink and a seat before we board.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC silver
I was able to guest hubby into the club in april with no problems ( both travelling in PE) . It is also a paid lounge and is usually very busy, finding a seat can be a challenge sometimes.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Goldensunset
I was able to guest hubby into the club in april with no problems ( both travelling in PE) . It is also a paid lounge and is usually very busy, finding a seat can be a challenge sometimes.
I've tried to visit The Club a couple of times in MCO and was turned away because it was at capacity.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold
Was there last weekend. Guested my daughter in without issue, all in PE.
Not a bad lounge, really. G&Ts and wine flowing nicely
Also some tasty sandwiches, soup and snacks on offer.

Only complaint was that it was too warm in there. Mentioned this to the staff, but it didn't cool down whilst we were there.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
It's better than the previous arrangement at the Delta/Virgin lounge.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
I've tried to visit The Club a couple of times in MCO and was turned away because it was at capacity.
May I ask under what circumstances were you declined access? For example, were you flying BA at the time, armed with a oneworld Emerald/Sapphire card or ticketed in CW or First?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:32 pm

I wasn't impressed by this facility. The old Delta Crown room wasn't great either, but on balance I think I preferred it. To be more specific, it was a crowded space with limited/almost no spaces to sit comfortably - we sat on seats against the curved wall of a kind of corridor looking at a seating area opposite us that was cramped and crowded. Food was very limited (as it was in the old lounge) and drink service at a manned bar (ditto). Just underwhelming really. At least the Delta Crown room felt more spacious, even if it had a less modern look.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta, AMEX Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by Prospero
May I ask under what circumstances were you declined access? For example, were you flying BA at the time, armed with a oneworld Emerald/Sapphire card or ticketed in CW or First?
I guess I wasn't denied necessarily, but the lounge was at capacity so I would've had to wait in line to get in. At that point I decided to just wait in the gate area which was considerably less crowded.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was there once when flying LH and will echo what others have said, it was crowded, hot and noisy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.