Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Unfortunately nothing forthcoming from BA GGL here - any voucher / discount to be provided by Omega
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
I think that's the sum of it. Two options for the voucher:
  • £125 in total if you re-book with Omega this month
  • £100 from BA with a longer expiry, but mixed reports on getting that agreed.
Is the bonus £25 to compensate for some Omega telephone booking fee (is there one?), or is it a genuine £25 extra?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Deltus
Is the bonus £25 to compensate for some Omega telephone booking fee (is there one?), or is it a genuine £25 extra?
I don't know. I never got as far as trying to book something again with Omega.It was mentioned to me by the Omega agent when discussing previously how to re-book and it is reported by others in this thread. Maybe someone who got it can comment.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Netflights are now saying that they are unable to book the HBO fares that they advertise on their website with the voucher. Apparently I need to book a with-luggage fare with them, but it's going to cost £37 more than the price BA are quoting directly on their website.

This is bordering on shambolic.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyuk
Netflights are now saying that they are unable to book the HBO fares that they advertise on their website with the voucher. Apparently I need to book a with-luggage fare with them, but it's going to cost £37 more than the price BA are quoting directly on their website.

This is bordering on shambolic.
there is no suggestion that some fares or types of fares are excluded from the voucher in the BA email. They are just making this up!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
After further negotiation, they have agreed to pricematch the BA website price for a with-luggage fare, and use the voucher against it. It'll end up costing me just over a tenner for a flight that would have cost me £75 HBO with BA if I didn't have a voucher. I get the impression they feel as helpless as I do, trying to get BA's voucher to work around their policies.

Last edited by flyuk; Jul 3, 2018 at 10:11 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by flyuk
After further negotiation, they have agreed to pricematch the BA website price for a with-luggage fare, and use the voucher against it. It'll end up costing me just over a tenner for a flight that would have cost me £75 HBO with BA if I didn't have a voucher. I get the impression they feel as helpless as I do, trying to get BA's voucher to work around their policies.
Well it sounds like it has been quite painful, but glad you got something out of it in the end. Whether you are currently feeling "goodwill" from the voucher I guess depends on the equation of hassle incurred against compensation obtained. In any case, good to have a resolution.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:26 am

My interaction with Omega has become even more farcical this morning. Received an email apologising for the delay in response to my query, I then realised I'm merely a CC recipient with about 50 other customers copied. I hope they take more care with other more sensitive data.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by dp1586
My interaction with Omega has become even more farcical this morning. Received an email apologising for the delay in response to my query, I then realised I'm merely a CC recipient with about 50 other customers copied. I hope they take more care with other more sensitive data.
That's incredibly poor! Might even be illegal under GDPR. Coudl you follow up with their Data Controller to start a proper process?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
just having a look through your previous posts on this. I would recommend calling rather than sending emails in order to cancel and sort out a new booking. if you use the 020 number you may need to try a few times to get though, but it does work.

have you got your refund yet? if not just call and they should process it whilst you are on the phone.

in terms of booking using the £100 voucher I never received anything about that by email from them and relied on the information posted on here. see post 512 re my experience of booking using it, and post 523 for the conditions for using it.

Good luck!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
That's incredibly poor! Might even be illegal under GDPR. Coudl you follow up with their Data Controller to start a proper process?
I've sent an email to the address listed against their privacy policy online and will see what comes back.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
just having a look through your previous posts on this. I would recommend calling rather than sending emails. if you use the 020 number you may need to try a few times to get though, but it does work.

have you got your refund yet? if not just call and they should process it whilst you are on the phone.

in terms of booking using the £100 voucher I never received anything about that by email from them and relied on the information posted on here. see post 512 re my experience of booking using it, and post 523 for the conditions for using it.

Good luck!
Thanks Karfa, I did book another flight following a call with them earlier last week when they told me they weren't able to find the same flights on their system and told me to book online and they would process the refunds. They told me on a call on Friday that they were sending the refund requests to the accounts dept so I'm just waiting for it to come through on my statement.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Me too! I just got a funny apology email about that email.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I followed the process outlined above and actually Omega rang me as soon as I hit decline on credit card stage. I explained about the £100 deduction and they even gave me £25 on top so ended up paying £24 for a flight costing £149 (N class European return so I can UuA). Painless process!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
So for those who threatened legal action, have any of you actioned it?

M
That would be interesting to know, as well as any outcome, considering the new CPT-BCN debacle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.