Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I forgot an important matter! Thank you to the OP for finding, and sharing, this.
shayele and tedcruz like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Just heard from a friend that an online travel agent called up people asking to pay an extra £90. Must've been their fault and not BA.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by tedcruz
Just heard from a friend that an online travel agent called up people asking to pay an extra £90. Must've been their fault and not BA.
Thank for this. Do you know which OTA?

Admittedly I know next to nothing about how this all works, but this doesn’t make sense to me (the last sentence). Many of the agencies were offering similar fares , so this implies to me that there was a common root cause. Which I assume must be the airline.
shayele likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

Admittedly I know next to nothing about how this all works, but this doesn’t make sense to me (the last sentence). Many of the agencies were offering similar fares , so this implies to me that there was a common root cause. Which I assume must be the airline.
100%
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum

Originally Posted by shayele
100%
They all usually use the same places to get their flight prices I imagine.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
How does that conversation go?

"Hello, I know we've sold you something for a mutually agreed price. Do you want to give us some more money though?"

"Err, no."
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Gold
I have a ticket booked for the Wednesday 22!
Argh, I'm flying out on the 23rd, back on Mon 27th.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Deltus
How does that conversation go?

"Hello, I know we've sold you something for a mutually agreed price. Do you want to give us some more money though?"

"Err, no."
If it is an error fare and the person does say no, then the airline/agent may well cancel the reservation - this would not be without precedent
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If it is an error fare and the person does say no, then the airline/agent may well cancel the reservation - this would not be without precedent
From what I have seen online (I have no personal experience of this), this is certainly true and there is a precedent for this. But there is certainly no guarantee this will happen, there appear to be many examples where there is a mistake fare of the airline honouring the fare also.

What is less clear in this case to me is whether this fare was a mistake. Repeating the same search on the same site just now (outbound 30 June, return 3 July), I can get a fare on a budget carrier (Wizzair) for almost the same price (£212) and an indirect flight on TK for £224. I think the budget carrier becomes more comparable given we are close to departure now we frequently see LCC prices converge with scheduled airlines, or go higher, although the fare may have less frills like luggage. The results are similar to a few days ago.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:17 am

From what I have seen online (I have no personal experience of this), this is certainly true and there is a precedent for this. But there is certainly no guarantee this will happen, there appear to be many examples where there is a mistake fare of the airline honouring the fare also.
If the customers are being contacted for additional payment, I would think it is not improbable that this would happen. I haven't heard of cases where additional payment has been requested and cancellations have not occurred if declined. This indeed may be an exception
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
As posted upthread, this fare was available through a number of OTAs. Would they all have made the same 'mistake'?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If the customers are being contacted for additional payment, I would think it is not improbable that this would happen. I haven't heard of cases where additional payment has been requested and cancellations have not occurred if declined. This indeed may be an exception
what doesn’t help their case to show it was clearly and obviously an error is the small payment being asked for of £90. In the context of other fares highlighted above as well this is far from an obvious error when compared to Bratwurst where F to KUL was available for £750 or Viking where J to the US was available for £350.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by onobond
As posted upthread, this fare was available through a number of OTAs. Would they all have made the same 'mistake'?
Quite likely if they were taking pricing from the same underlying system
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:49 am

Do you know the outcome of this, or a bit more colour? I’m asking as it may be helpful for those travelling soon who wish to book accommodation or other travel related things like parking.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Up to 7 now:

nufnuf77 BA163 20D 4JAN and BA164 26C 6JAN
angeloedades BA163 26A 4JAN and BA164 30A 6JAN
KARFA BA163 30K 4JAN and BA164 26K 6JAN
flyuk BA163 39J 4JAN and BA164 39A 6JAN
dp1586 +1 on BA163 21C 4JAN and BA164 27H 6JAN
bhbloke on BA165 26A 4JAN and BA164 26H 6JAN

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.