Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business/first class from YVR to europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Business/first class from YVR to europe

Hi I am planning a vacation to Europe and I have bee checking business class flight availability from YVR to Europe for awhile. It seems like they never have business class available from YVR to LHR route.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by whatthe
Hi I am planning a vacation to Europe and I have bee checking business class flight availability from YVR to Europe for awhile. It seems like they never have business class available from YVR to LHR route.
I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
Are you looking for reward availability, or are you paying cash? And what dates are you looking for? I've flown LHR-YVR-LHR several times in CW, paying in cash or as a 2-4-1 deal. I have a LCY-JFK, YVR-LHR trip coming up (avios booking) in CW. Seats are available so it would help to know more about your difficulties. If you have a specific flight in mind, one of us could check the load for you.
whatthe likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 8:47 pm

If you're looking for avios redemption, availability doesn't seem to open up until late October but this is nothing new - same applies to YYZ. As a rule, book as early as possible for avios redemptions. If you'e looking at a revenue flight, it seems to be pretty much wide open. Not sure what you mean by, 'never'.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 9:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I'm guessing you want to use Avios. There is plenty of availability November through to March. Check out baredemptionfinder.com

https://baredemptionfinder.com/searc...ype%5D=one_way

Quite a lot of F availability during those months too.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Typically you'll want to be booking this route at least 6 months in advance. First availability from LHR to YVR is usually good on Wednesdays (4 seats released 12 months in advance for most the winter season), for YVR-LHR it's quite a mixed bag, but as long as you're flexible with timings it's generally a very easy route to at least get business on, remember it's a mid J 747 so First is definitely worth the extra.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Varies
Would Seattle work for you? I booked that initially (CW) when there were no redemption YVR flights for my dates, then swapped them to YVR when they became available. It's worth keeping your eye open for the flights you want ; I've more often than not seen my ideal flights pop up at a later stage.
whatthe likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC gold (silver most of the time), ex-bmi (RIP) ex-silver, and a fistful of Amexes
While you should never bank on it, I've found that there's often more availability loaded either in January or just after the January sale finishes on the Canadian routes. Since you can't bank on it, it's not a bad idea to book whatever is closest to your ideal flights (the alternative of SEA for YVR is a good one) and then look at jiggling the flights if more availability comes up later
whatthe likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies
I do see them available after November.

I will also look from Seattle too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.