Wiki Posts
Search

LCY-GLA-LCY B2B - Any Risks?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
LCY-GLA-LCY B2B - Any Risks?

Needing 80TPs for my Silver card I'm looking at doing an after-work B2B on LCY-GLA-LCY.

Outbound: BA8724 (5pm - 6.20pm)
Inbound: BA8729 (6.50pm - 8.20pm)

The aircraft on both of these sectors is an E190, but the non-sequential nature of the flight numbers is slightly spooking me as I want to ensure it's a full B2B on the same aircraft.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the same aircraft?
Also understanding if LCY arrivals are any more prone to a bus to the baggage hall would be good intel.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I have checked eight days of the BA8724 on https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ba8724 for you and the aircraft flying the 8724 always turns around to fly the 8729
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
EDI would be a slightly better choice since LCY aircraft tend to end up right by the BA lounge gates (around gate 5) but frankly there isn't much in it. I wouldn't have any concerns.

Check the prices / timetable for LGW-EDI/GLA too.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I asked about this here, and c-w-s gave a swift answer: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29490947

Might AMS be an option? Guaranteed back-to-back from LCY, and slightly faster.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
EDI would be a slightly better choice since LCY aircraft tend to end up right by the BA lounge gates (around gate 5) but frankly there isn't much in it. I wouldn't have any concerns.
But AIUI there's a small but distinct chance at EDI that it's not a true back-to-back (ie not the same aircraft back)?
Old May 31, 2018, 4:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Might AMS be an option? Guaranteed back-to-back from LCY, and slightly faster.But AIUI there's a small but distinct chance at EDI that it's not a true back-to-back (ie not the same aircraft back)?
Also true of GLA and EDI that once in a blue moon something happens and they shuffle flights around. DUB and AMS are the other places it happens, and it's a factor when there are several flights where a few delays could lead to overlaps. It's not going to happen on ORY since there are so few flights. All you can do is check flightradar24, few things in life are totally guaranteed (including accuracy on FR24 as it happens).
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I think I will book this, given GLA seems to be less risky than EDI in respect of potential for a bus transfer to the terminal baggage hall on the inbound.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Shame you can’t get to LGW as JER is very easy for back to backs.

cs
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Shame you can’t get to LGW as JER is very easy for back to backs.

cs
It was a consideration but I can do a day's work at the office (near Bank) and then head out to LCY to do the B2B which is much quicker than going down to LGW.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Fair play.

If if you ever need to in future the JER gate is next to the lounge. Straight off the aircraft into the lounge. Quick couple glasses of prosecco and then board again !

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.