Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Percy Pig at risk of removal from BoB menu due to Government health initiative?

Old Jun 3, 18, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Everybody who flies shorthaul and reads the BOB menu knows that on every flight a famous passenger is aboard (but don't tell anyone ) - Percy Pig. Yet according to the Daily Mail, "Percy Pig could be BANNED by health secretary Jeremy Hunt".

[/clickbait]
Old Jun 3, 18, 11:43 am
Senior Mod and Moderator: Aegean Miles&Bonus and British Airways

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Spire
The title of this thread has been altered to more accurately reflect the story (not that it could realistically have less accurately represented it, frankly ...).

Thread Titles

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.

/mod
Old Jun 3, 18, 11:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
For one awful moment there I thought bacon rolls were on the hitlist
duncgor likes this.
Old Jun 3, 18, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
your favourite in ET Y 😉, it would seem you’re safe @bisonrav. Don’t know how you’d cope on your GGL quest without your favourite SH snack.
Old Jun 3, 18, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer View Post
The title of this thread has been altered to more accurately reflect the story (not that it could realistically have less accurately represented it, frankly ...).

For the record of history it was something like "Famous BA passenger at risk of attack from government minister"!

Thanks for keeping me compliant NWIFlyer.
Old Jun 3, 18, 12:51 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by bisonrav View Post
I wish they would go; they are dry, tasteless and full of that white stuff but at least they are not as awful as the omelet rolls!
:D! likes this.
Old Jun 3, 18, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by duncgor View Post

your favourite in ET Y 😉, it would seem you’re safe @bisonrav. Don’t know how you’d cope on your GGL quest without your favourite SH snack.
Indeed. I mean bugger LPGS, some things are genuinely important.

Mind you, on a similar tack, hopefully BA will ban Jamie Oliver from 241s.
Old Jun 4, 18, 2:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL/CCR, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular, I'm surprised BA doesn't stock M&S sweets made with a vegetarian friendly gelatine - that would at least keep a multitude of people happy!

M
Old Jun 4, 18, 3:15 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular,
14% of the UK say they are vegetarian (source: Gresham College), 2% actually are when you check the output(!) and that hasn't changed in a decade (source: NDNS) and meat consumption per head is rising (source: OECD).
Old Jun 4, 18, 5:10 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk View Post
In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular, I'm surprised BA doesn't stock M&S sweets made with a vegetarian friendly gelatine - that would at least keep a multitude of people happy!
I'd be more worried about providing for those with food allergies - they don't have a choice in what to eat.

signol
Old Jun 4, 18, 5:25 am

Programs: The 4am BP pitstop club
Originally Posted by signol View Post
I'd be more worried about providing for those with food allergies - they don't have a choice in what to eat.

signol
A significant amount of vegans are vegans for health reasons. With that said, the vegan "movement" will die off over the next 2-3 years, as the a decent size of the moral vegans are more than willing to eat lab grown meat. People who want to be vegan but don't want to give up meat will jump on the lab grown meat boat.

As for the topic at hand, it's just another example of the nanny state at it's finest. Sales of Percy pigs will explode if they get a firm ban.
Old Jun 4, 18, 5:30 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by signol View Post

signol
I'd be more worried about sticking enough food on those longer flights. Complaints about passengers going hungry on return flights from the likes of MAD, MXP, MUC, JTR, JMK, ATH, IST, JMK have spiked lately. Not so good!
Old Jun 4, 18, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom View Post

For the record of history it was something like "Famous BA passenger at risk of attack from government minister"!
Nobody got worried about CWS?