Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Where Has The OW Award Availability Function Gone On The New Site ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where Has The OW Award Availability Function Gone On The New Site ?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Question Where Has The OW Award Availability Function Gone On The New Site ?

Hello all,

The new website, which I personally find atrocious, seems to have done away with the excellent function of showing award availability on a great number of OW airlines.
All I can find now is the nonstop award availability on Nonstop BA flights, not even connections or codeshares.
I am quite possibly wrong (I hope I am) but I have no idea where to find it if it is still there.
Can anybody help ?
Thanks in advance.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it's AA flights you're after...

Sorry, we can’t show you American Airlines flights at the moment

There is a technical problem with American Airlines’ reward flight availability which American Airlines is currently working to identify and resolve.While this problem is ongoing, to book a reward flight on American Airlines, please contact your local contact centre. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Old May 27, 2018, 7:38 pm

Programs: BAEC, MPC
if you search for routes not served by BA then sometimes it appears but i'm guessing not for all..

for example i've never ever seen finnair appear.
Old May 27, 2018, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by cassiohui
if you search for routes not served by BA then sometimes it appears but i'm guessing not for all..

AA flights I can find on the AA site, it usually works, thanks, but I booked 3 months ago a CX F flight JFK-HKG which I only found on the BA site. And JL, RJ, IB, QR and AY flights were easy to find. That seems to be gone.
Old May 27, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by cassiohui

I book Finnair flights quite frequently, never had a problem so far.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
I just had a look at HEL-TYO and the website offered up direct flights with JAL and AY. Also offered me connections via LHR.

There seem to be two ways of looking - on the spending avios BAEC page there is the Reward Flight Finder and the Search and Book functions. The latter is intended for partner flights and connecting journeys according to the features listed.

And a slightly related bit of info related to booking connections on partners. When I did this a couple of months ago I could see more availability than the agent on the phone. When I gave the specific connecting flight number I was after then the lady was able to find it. (Specifically LHR-HKG on BA connecting to CX HKG-TPE).
Old May 28, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Something as simple as TLL-HEL for next week is WIDE open on the GDS, and AA shows partner saver avalible. BA, shows NOTHING. In fact :

Last edited by joelfreak; May 28, 2018 at 3:46 am Reason: Showing error msg
Old May 28, 2018, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by joelfreak
Something as simple as TLL-HEL for next week is WIDE open on the GDS, and AA shows partner saver avalible. BA, shows NOTHING. In fact :
Do BAEC offer award seats on that route? It's not operated by AY.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Do BAEC offer award seats on that route? It's not operated by AY.
like MAN-HEL it is operated as AY, so all AY branded. There is no Norra flight number. I would expect reward seats to be possible for this flight.
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
A call to the call center had it booked quickly. They have no idea why it doesn't show up, and of course claim it must be my error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.