Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Q - Will BA put passenger on later flight if incoming (CX) is late

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q - Will BA put passenger on later flight if incoming (CX) is late

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
You may be confusing this with AA's policy which still exists. So long as your transfer time is above what MCT would have been, AA will protect you on AA-AA, AA-OW and OW-AA separate tickets.
Very interesting to hear.
If I was planning XXX-MAD-PMI with AA for the first flight and IB the second flight, would AA really protect me if I sought assistance at MAD?
Old May 28, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by marconess
If I was planning XXX-MAD-PMI with AA for the first flight and IB the second flight, would AA really protect me if I sought assistance at MAD?
Yes.

See discussion here:
AA Protection for OSO / IROPS / IRROPS / Misconnect on Separate AA / oneworld Tickets

Example from last year:
[AA's] One World Protection Policy Saved the Day This Week
Old May 28, 2018, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by marconess
Yes, that is exactly what the policy says and experience confirms.

The people who get upset want to use it as travel insurance. That it is not. You will be reticketed onto the next available IB (or if another OW carrier served the route, then maybe that) MAD-PMI. No hotels, no food vouchers, no nothing. But, reticketed rather than paying penalties, fare dfference or worst, purchasing a new ticket.
Old May 28, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Yes, that is exactly what the policy says and experience confirms.

The people who get upset want to use it as travel insurance. That it is not. You will be reticketed onto the next available IB (or if another OW carrier served the route, then maybe that) MAD-PMI. No hotels, no food vouchers, no nothing. But, reticketed rather than paying penalties, fare dfference or worst, purchasing a new ticket.
Thanks for this. I'm assuming this is for AA metal and marketed rather than just marketed and any metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.