Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seats changed by BA for "Operational Reasons", staff now in seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seats changed by BA for "Operational Reasons", staff now in seats

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
A few months ago I knew cabin crew and family who were on a flight KUL to LHR. All were in CW except one so they swapped and swapped and swapped so everyone had their share of time in WT+. It was a window seat and I felt so sorry for the passenger in the aisle seat.
To me that's misuse of staff travel!
Old May 26, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by Stormbel
A few months ago I knew cabin crew and family who were on a flight KUL to LHR. All were in CW except one so they swapped and swapped and swapped so everyone had their share of time in WT+. It was a window seat and I felt so sorry for the passenger in the aisle seat.
To me that's misuse of staff travel!
Customers do that too - search back for the various "too many visits to First/Club by other passengers" threads.

Staff should be held to at least the same standards as passengers, and here it seems that they weren't. But that doesn't mean that "staff get away with anything" and it's not "an abuse of staff travel", it's "an abuse of travel".

Usually staff are held to far stricter standards, on all airlines! Look up the "non-revenue" traveller dress codes, for example. Here is the one for BA: British Airways Plc | Find flight listing option at FlyZED | ID Travel | Airline employees and a stricter one, Cathay: Cathay Pacific Airways Limited | Find flight listing option at FlyZED | ID Travel | Airline employees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.