Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Should Bronze tier have access to Galleries (1 or 2 invites per year)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should Bronze tier have access to Galleries (1 or 2 invites per year)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 3:20 pm

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
In a word no! Bronze is to easy to achieve as it is with quite enough perks already!
Old May 20, 2018, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Overall I do think BA have got it "right" with the tiers in BAEC. Bronze does have benefits akin to the level it takes to get bronze.

I would (if I were BA) and someone was twisting my arm to give bronze more, probably give them Fast track security over lounge Access. It, to me goes hand in hand with priority check in and gets them airside quicker. That would ensure no more pressure on the lounges. But it would cost BA more and put them at odds with all other Ruby OW carriers. So wouldn't wash.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Bronze is an official level in BAEC so I think it should attract lounge benefits. Getting Bronze involves flying a lot with BA so should be rewarded. And the lounges are the best thing about status with free food and wines so it needs to be available to anyone who has been elevated above Blue.
Lounge access for silver would make silver largely pointless... and there are a LOT of bronzes who always fly economy and will never make silver (I work with plenty). I can see the benefit of saying that, if you fly at least two premium economy returns you will get lounge access on the second (so that the third might take you over the silver threshold anyway, with a little bit of short haul).

But for those of us for whom a year's bronze tally would be a quiet month, it's simply not true that you have to fly a lot to get it. You can fly BA a lot and be bronze (it's a long haul and a short haul a month in lowest economy before you get to silver) but two premium economy returns seems much more civilised!

Last edited by Cymro; May 20, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Old May 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think if it was 1 or 2 passes per year and on any Y ticket then this would be a nice treat as a bronze. Especially if you kept missing out on Silver at say 500tps and/or as CWS has suggested an email just before your flight to offer lounge access, should they know that it’s a quiet day for BA. Dynamic lounge access!!
Old May 20, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Bronze is not that difficult to reach and I wish BA would remove the priority checkin as a perk and come up with something else - though not necessarily lounge access. The J check in queue is almost always as long as the Y queue. I write as someone who will slip down to bronze in A few months time.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:33 pm

I think brozes should be able to pay with avios for lounge access for themselves only. Silver/gold could pay for additional guests beyond their standard allowance at the same rate.
lavajava likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No...the Thai red chicken curry will have even less chicken in it if you let that lot in.
Cymro and rockflyertalk like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
BA ruined priority boarding by extending to bronze, that made the problem, which then needed grouped boarding to solve it

fingers crossed they don't make the same mistake with lounges!
Old May 20, 2018, 4:33 pm

I think say 2 passes a year for Bronze + guest would make a lot of sense. Could time limit the lounge visits. Note that you'd only get them after achieving the tier level so the argument that you can use them on the flights getting you to Bronze doesn't hold.
Old May 20, 2018, 5:31 pm

I was for many years Silver with Qantas (OW Ruby or BA Bronze equivalent) and each year at renewal got a pass for one lounge visit for one, which was very welcome. They were valid for 12 months, and I think only at Qantas lounges. As I was rarely travelling alone I ended up only ever using a couple of them, and it did help focus me towards getting a proper Silver card, this time with BA. The London lounges could probably cope OK with a single visit from each Bronzie per year.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
No.

even giving bronze a single lounge pass would increase the numbers hugely (even if not all used it)

The TPs required for each level are clearly set out and so if you want silver then meet the conditions for it.

Or pay for the cabin class that gets you lounge access.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by baexecsilver_eu1
Within the last year I have earned BA Exec Silver. Whilst It's a lovely perk gained through business class travel with my work, I can't help but think I will be downgraded to Bronze one day.

My question is, should BA Bronze members be entitled to one or two visits a year to a Galleries lounge? What are your thoughts?

Regards.
No.
BA are struggling to justify lounge access for silvers and golds on cheapo tickets, so opening the bronze floodgates makes no commercial sense whatsoever.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:56 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
No.
BA are struggling to justify lounge access for silvers and golds on cheapo tickets, so opening the bronze floodgates makes no commercial sense whatsoever.
Are they?

No doubt you're a GGL who always travels on expensive tickets...
Old May 20, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

BA are struggling to justify lounge access for silvers and golds on cheapo tickets....
That sounds like a whole new thread!

But it's reassuring to know that GGL and CCR are not included in the scrutiny
Old May 20, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite

No.
*needs citation*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.