Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family check in T5

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Family check in T5

just a small hat tip to the staff at T5 - dropping my wife off for her flight toNewark had both kids with us. Join the bag drop queue - oh if you’ve got kids use the family check in - they’re not travelling says us
- don’t worry they’re here with you it’ll be quicker and better for you over there....

A nice and gesture - made better by the check in staff letting our 6 year old pres the buttons to send the bag off down the conveyor.

well done ba.
T8191, duncgor, so3003 and 3 others like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A good Agent makes an enormous difference to the BA experience. Nice one!,
Old May 19, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The family check in area is by zone A, at the Caffè Nero north end of the terminal (other end from the First Wing). This is what it looks like.

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The family check in area is by zone A, at the Caffè Nero north end of the terminal (other end from the First Wing).
Would a family with children aged 13 and 11 qualify? Or is this really aimed at younger kids?
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Would a family with children aged 13 and 11 qualify? Or is this really aimed at younger kids?
Yes, I am sure that would be fine, it is perhaps more aimed at those in the under 10 years old range, but I went past it on Friday afternoon to get to Caffè Nero and it was surprisingly quiet - I think they would have helped anyone who needed assistance at that stage. Not sure if the 13 year old is at the eye rolling stage of life, the banners off the Tensas (in the photo above) may not be street credible, but if you want a one stop boarding pass and check-in arrangement then it is worth a consideration. Or Cost Centre1 could be dispatched to Caffè Nero to get some Avios I guess.......
Old Sep 2, 2018, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many thanks, c-w-s - I will pass that on.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Depending on the season and time of day, if you don't have pushchairs, car seats etc to deal with, it may be quicker going to any other bag drop if you have already checked in. I'd say family zone is best suited to those with really young kids and have pushchairs and car seats as the oversized baggage area is next to it.

At peak periods it can be rather busy and even with 10 desks open, the transaction times can lead to slightly longer waits.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks to you, too - I did tell them that the area was really intended for those with younger children, and therefore not to stress too much about using it (especially if the car ended up dropping them off a long way down the terminal). But they were grateful to know about the option and the facility.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is Family check in still in zone A at the North end of the terminal, or has it moved to the middle zone E? Checking as I've seen a reference in another thread today to zone E. I've got family flying today and gave them directions to the far left as you enter...
Old Mar 13, 2022, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by barneyb
Is Family check in still in zone A at the North end of the terminal, or has it moved to the middle zone E? Checking as I've seen a reference in another thread today to zone E. I've got family flying today and gave them directions to the far left as you enter...
Yes - some months ago it got moved from A to E. Perhaps as a result of other airlines taking over that area of T5 at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.