Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A polite note to F passengers...

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
We in economy do not have these issues

As there is little room to move, no clothes are removed and at best, perhaps we wiggle our toes.
T8191 and lostinlondon like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ShuttleRunner
I guess it applies somewhat to J passengers also, although I’ve never had such an issue...

Third time this has happenned to me, so time for a PSA - last night/this morning in F had a gentleman spend a great deal of time placing his things around me (clothes, dirty underpants, you name it), and then proceed to sit on me thinking I was in fact his freshly made bed 2 seats behind. I was of course asleep throughout and got an almighty fright.

Please take a moment to ensure that your seat it actually your seat before making yourself at home. If you have removed contact lenses/glasses please be doubly careful. If in doubt, or indeed you cannot remember your seat number, please contact a member of cabin crew.

With thanks,
My internal organs
I'm going to call bs on this post.

Your post got weird with the "placed his dirty underpants around me" passage. Still, I thought this was possible. Weird things do happen occasionally.

But when you got to the "being sat on for the third time in First" part of your post it lost all plausibility.

Complete bs.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Originally Posted by MOR

Your post got weird with the "placed his dirty underpants around me" passage. Still, I thought this was possible. Weird things do happen occasionally.

But when you got to the "being sat on for the third time in First" part of your post it lost all plausibility.

Complete bs.
I don’t think we generally “call bs” on things in this forum. If you don’t believe it and don’t care to join in the good humoured banter, then why not just ignore it!
Old May 8, 2018, 8:48 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MOR

Complete bs.

I thought the internet convention was to say:

Cool Story, bro...
wrp96 and WickedStepMother like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: Tesco Clubcard, Heathrow Rewards, M&S Sparks, Caffè Nero, HSBC rewards... BAEC defector
I'd also like to remind people that the "enclosed" suites on the majority of airlines aren't really that private at all, so try not to have too much fun being alone. Haven't been onboard the EY A380, and most definitely haven't been in a Residence, but maybe some lucky people are just too used to being in one of those (really private?) suites that they've forgotten what travelling with the masses really is. Oh, and on that note, aircraft lav doors aren't totally soundproof, and not everyone's asleep just because the lights are dimmed. Some people have the misfortune of being seated right next to the loos...
Old May 8, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, JAL
I have had a similar experience - it seems to me. Some old chap (at least two years my senior) found cause to try and sit on my ankle. Only a timely loud groan with some muted coughing prevented me from mild discomfort , although he looked a little unkempt so the smell was my biggest fear. I don't know whether my recollection of the events has changed to remember him as wearing white y fronts and a vest and being unsteady, but that is my memory. These misunderstandings seem to happen quite a bit actually, bizarre as it may sound.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; May 8, 2018 at 8:58 am Reason: spelling correction - 'muted' only has one 't'.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by MOR

Complete bs.
Depending on how often OP flies, totally plausible.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kubrick
Statistically, 3 times in life time (#over 15 years of flying#) is not very convincing.

If 3 times in 10 years, it is not plausible.

If 3 times in 5 years, impossible.

Of course, if the said gentleman is a stalker and followed the OP around...But I would be convinced that he would be in jail by the second time. The thing is if it happens to me even once, I would try to figure out why and how it was happening and would do everything I can to prevent it happening the second time. Human nature we are talking about.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Isn't this the best thread since the start of the year?

Until I read this thread I was in the foulest possible mood but I'm laughing my head off.

Excellent, thank you OP! I even thank this dork who went and tried to sleep on him to have triggered this fab thread.

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Even one of our Mods has admitted to 'going commando' on board but I shall spare his blushes by not posting a link to the post.
Definitely not me! Even my tights stay on under the pyjamas so as not to accidentally expose bare feet should the duvet slip.
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by kubrick
Are you also sat on from time to time on British Airways flights?
Old May 8, 2018, 12:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by MOR
Are you also sat on from time to time on British Airways flights?
I have been nearly sat on a few times on BA in F, except they spotted me before they sat down, thankfully.
HIDDY likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
For the price l was paying, thanks to a cheap upgrade from Club, to fly home in First from ORD I was going to stay up all night and watch the films,drink the champagne, drink the tea and to heck with sleeping, By the time l would be alseep it would be time to get up, and we dont want to disembark with the dreaded Bed hair. So l kept my pjs nicely wrapped and poped them into my cabin bag. The crew also gave me another set for my young Neice (who just started flying for Loganair) and that went into the bag as well , also a inflight bag for her, but thats another story.
The only other person in the First Restaurant when l asked what his plans were , took great delight in saying that as soon as he is able he will be changing and going to bed , No dinner, no drinks, no snacks, no nothing... Me, l was trying to get my moneys worth.. and not ashamed to admit it.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Always nice to read these ^. Through the multitude of negativity on this board it's nice to read posts I can more relate to. For me, F is only ever a treat once every few years or so and its still something to really enjoy/look forward to.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Of course @cunardqueen might just be telling us, in a roundabout way, that he kept his clothes on for the whole flight and so couldn’t possibly be the person who sat on the OP.
Brisbane Road likes this.

Last edited by WickedStepMother; May 8, 2018 at 2:46 pm Reason: Add a wink ;)
Old May 8, 2018, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
For the sake of clarity, and because obviously the situation has been taken out of context, as sadly things usually are - it was dark, the beds sort of all look the same in a full cabin when made or if being slept in.

The gent had obviously just got changed for bed, genuinely got the wrong seat, and was apologetic afterwards - fine for me. Sometimes when I get changed I put my clothes down the side of the bed/table area too - just at my own seat!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.