Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Theoretical infant-in-arms

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
If your inbound is more than 72 hours later than your outbound you will most likely lose your inbound seat assignments. You have no risk of losing your outbound assignments unless you pick bassinet seats.

If you lose your return assignments I cannot see the maths work on 10% vs cost of seats - unless maybe you had very cheap short haul economy, in which case why bother with seat assignments in the first place.

Note also that not all rows cater for an additional oxygen mask, so it may well be your coveted seat shows as unavailable to you using your strategy, even if it is available to others.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
If you lose your return assignments I cannot see the maths work on 10% vs cost of seats - unless maybe you had very cheap short haul economy, in which case why bother with seat assignments in the first place.
Surely this depends on the number of people in the party. Up to nine passengers can benefit from free advanced seat assignment at the time of booking by dint of a single infant-in-arms reservation in the party.

Even one-way, the savings could be significant, especially in CW long-haul ($100+ per seat assignment).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.