Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

You Know You’re a Frequent Flyer When.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PETER01
....you have earned the right to come over all 'haughty' when replying to anything HIDDY posts.
ThatT1Feeling and PETER01 like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, FB Gold
When you arrive at immigration and the officer asks you where you come from and it takes you what seems an eternity to remember! Happened to me at LCY on Friday. Officer laughed when I told him that I had been on three trips that past week! When I lived in NL, where there is only one customs exit at AMS and you get asked quote often where you come from, I made it a habit of reminding myself of where I was coming from while walking through the baggage hall
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
When you arrive at T5 Long Stay Parking on the shuttle bus and have ABSOLUTELY no idea where your car is, having left it in 10 different places already in the previous 2 months.. took me 20 mins to find my car on Thursday evening
I lose my car there too and I don’t fly every week! It’s age catching up with me; are you sure it’s frequent flyer syndrome for you?
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by BA0197
For me it's watching people think they are going to get away with keeping items in the emergency exit row....\
I had a similar situation flying AA a while ago. A family with two young kids started to make themselves comfortable in the exit row getting toys and all sorts of paraphernalia ready for the 2hr flight. I hesitate a little but lean forward and in a gentle tone tell him that he shouldn't make himself too comfortable because the children are too young for the exit row and will need to be reseated, thinking I'm doing him a favour so he doesn't have to repack everything. He shrugs me off saying he's an AA Platinum flyer and they always allow him to sit in the exit rows...I tell him "fair enough" and let the skepticism in my facial expression do the talking. As he turns around the flight attendant is standing there and informs him the children are too young and he'll need to be reseated....10 rows aft he and the family go!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
....you have earned the right to come over all 'haughty' when replying to anything HIDDY posts.
Oooh, does that mean I qualify? :-:
HIDDY likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Hamburg1971
Originally Posted by Fraser
The Twickenham one is good. I've been doing that myself for a good 10 years or so! Unless the photo is zoomed in I'm going to claim a 27L landing for that view.

Thanks. As far as I can remember we turned right after landing, so it must have been 27L. But don't ask me which taxiways we took on our way to T5A. ;-)
Vacating at N5W.....
"Left on Alpha, hold short of Delta"
"Contact Ground on 121.850"
"Continue on Alpha to stand 5xx"

Last edited by Heathrow Tower; Apr 28, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA, Virgin, Lufthansa
When you arrive at T5 Long Stay Parking on the shuttle bus and have ABSOLUTELY no idea where your car is, having left it in 10 different places already in the previous 2 months.. took me 20 mins to find my car on Thursday evening
I always take a photo

I stay in the same UK hotel reguarly and my common mistake is forgetting which room I'm in - have tried to get into the room above mine several times and wondered why the key card doesn't work before eventually realising
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by TheEngineer
Not flying but

When the first thing you do when arriving at the hotel room is use your phone to take a picture of the room number.
Good idea!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BRK-B
After the "cabin crews arm the doors" or "doors to automatic", I always look for a free seats.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC
Safety video starts, picture is a little wobbly, no sound, restarts, still not right...
Me: [Under breath] Cabin crew please prepare for manual safety demonstration.
Guy next to me: Sorry?
Me: Nothing
10 second wait
PA: Cabin crew please prepare for manual safety demonstration.
golfmad and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by dajdavies

I always take a photo

I stay in the same UK hotel reguarly and my common mistake is forgetting which room I'm in - have tried to get into the room above mine several times and wondered why the key card doesn't work before eventually realising
At breakfast, I once gave the number of the room I had in the hotel I stayed the day before...
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:37 pm

You have to look out the window before you can remember which city your hotel is in - as happened to me some years back in the middle of a hectic couple of weeks.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
At breakfast, I once gave the number of the room I had in the hotel I stayed the day before...
I once ordered a Domino’s pizza delivered to yesterday’s room number while on a roadtrip.....
Desperately needing the pizza, the f**kup was sorted out, and I couldn’t have been more mortified (nor apologetic). The delivery guy was handed a handsome tip for his efforts and patience.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:32 pm

This reminds me of a few years ago parling for T1. Slightly off topic bit...

Was talking to a colleagueat the airport and I laughed at him when he had written down his row number etcon his parking ticket saying surelyhe could rememberwhere he'd parked after a few days.
On the return I had to laugh: No not because I'd forgo twhere I'd parked but after finding him wondering around on my exit I had to drive him around the rows until he found his car! He'd recorded it wrong. I obviously never travelled enough to forget where I was parked.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:34 pm

Back on topic.
We are all awaiting CWS experience of realising he might be travelling too much too remember
madfish likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.