Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Quintessentially Ending Presence At T5 Concord Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quintessentially Ending Presence At T5 Concord Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
My former better half asked them to secure a table at The Fat Duck on a Saturday, and they succeeded. A friend of mine has been a member for a few years and seems happy. Apart from a so-called tapas restaurant in LA, the times he’s organised things through them when I’ve tagged along it’s always been good. Even got us into the vip room at a fancy club for free wearing hoodies & trainers.

Based on these limited experiences I’d give them a decent grade, but my lifestyle doesn’t warrant the cost of membership.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
Never used them myself and never really had any need to.
No email for me but that's hardly a shock seeing as they couldn't even remember my birthday the other day
Happy Brithday Xenole
ML
Old Apr 22, 2018, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
I was told by Q last week that they cancelled the arrangement for BA First customers to be provided with free Quintessentially services as of March 1st 2018. In practice, I believe this was free service two weeks either side of a First booking. I tried using this offering a number of times over the years, and was always disappointed. Being quoted $300 car transfers from Manhattan to JFK, never attaining any amazing restaurant bookings, slow response times, etc. I still get spammed from them regularly though.
I've previously asked Q for bookings at restaurants and to arrange behind the scenes tours, but they couldn't even get a table at Searcy's At The Gherkin, and no follow up when the restaurant released tables to the public a few weeks later.

So this is one enhancement I can live with.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Are you a Q member? The email is from Q to their customers, not from BA.
I'm not a Q member, and I also got it - presumably because I once tried to use their services in the CCR. Personally I found them totally useless, unable to get tables at pretty much any restaurant unless there was already availability on Opentable... I achieved more by googling!
Old Apr 22, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A bit OT, but HSBC will also stop using Quintessentially on 5 June, replacing them with Ten Lifestyle Group PLC as the provider of their concierge service,
Old Apr 22, 2018, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
A bit OT, but HSBC will also stop using Quintessentially on 5 June, replacing them with Ten Lifestyle Group PLC as the provider of their concierge service,
Would be interesting to learn if their service levels were better for HSBC customers (I'd assume Premier or above), or if the mid-market offering from Q was lacklustre across the board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.