Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CW cabin LHR-LAX...which aircraft (or does it not matter)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CW cabin LHR-LAX...which aircraft (or does it not matter)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:16 pm

I'd go for the AA 777 for a couple of reasons...1) you can select a seat without paying extra, and 2) if you can get on the AA 777 that has the "mini-cabin" you'll be able to have most of that small cabin to yourselves. I also prefer the AA J seats to the BA J seats, as they have more storage at the seating area.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I really enjoyed my recent flight on 787 from IAD to LHR in 6A because (a) higher cabin pressure delivered a great night's sleep with no ear popping on the way down and (b) the plane arrived at T5A. Would recommend taking this aircraft whenever practical.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:32 am

I am starting to notice how big of a difference air quality, pressure and quietness do for me. LAX is a frequent route for me (albeit admittedly mostly in F) and I currently do 787 out and 380 back (I like the late evening departure). I’d never go back to the 747 and 777 if I have a choice for a flight of this length.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:48 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I have done both in the past couple of months. We would up on the 777-300 due to a cancellation of our LAX-DFW-CDG (for the second time in a few months). The first time I was not particularly impressed, and I have to say that the second did little to improve my opinion. The 777 seating I do like and it is much more private. The seating in CW is now dating it is true, I was a huge AA fan until they became US Air in all but name. I like the Upper Deck of the A380 - even though there is no one is overall charge and the service can suffer.The 747 I also like. As I usually travel with Him Indoors so I like the face to face configuration.

Ultimately you see, I am a people person and the AA service has become robotic, and the presentation rather diner-ish. What you get to eat is quite acceptable, but frankly who the Chef is or where they trained is of absolutely no interest to me unless they cooked the meal themselves rather than some factory unit on the outskirts of the airport.

If I got to the airport to find that I had been switched to AA it would not bother me, but they would not be my first choice.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by flying_pig
I am starting to notice how big of a difference air quality, pressure and quietness do for me. LAX is a frequent route for me (albeit admittedly mostly in F) and I currently do 787 out and 380 back (I like the late evening departure). I’d never go back to the 747 and 777 if I have a choice for a flight of this length.
Another +1 for this : particularly on the A380, that OP and family are likely to arrive in LAX feeling a lot less wretched than they would on the 747 and 777.

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
two kids (9 & 12 yrs)
Which aircraft type excites the kids the most ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.