Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting AA Codeshare/BA Metal

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Crediting AA Codeshare/BA Metal

I have been reading FlyerTalk for years, but this is my first post. I was hoping to avail myself of your collective experience and wisdom.

I am planning flights to ensure I have my minimum BA segments (YYZ - LHR - DXB return). On the dates I am looking at, the AA marketed codeshares are several hundred dollars cheaper as compared to purchasing directly from BA. Has anybody had any issues with receiving credit as BA operated segments in similar circumstances? Any other insight is most welcome.

Many Thanks. A Life's Journeys.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb tells you what you need to know:

"Eligible flights are defined as those flights marketed or operated by British Airways and those flights marketed and operated by Iberia."

Note that for BA flights it is marketed or operated, so a flight operated by BA sold as an AA codeshare is eligible.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I read and interpreted that passage the same way you did. I sometimes have a bit of the paranoia of "if something can go wrong, it will".
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to (posting on) FT, alifesjourneys!
Originally Posted by alifesjourneys
I read and interpreted that passage the same way you did. I sometimes have a bit of the paranoia of "if something can go wrong, it will".
That's the constant advice that's given here on this topic, and I can't remember any reports of it going wrong. So long as all four of the YYZ-LHR-DXB-LHR-YYZ flights are operated by BA, and each flight qualifies to earn some Avios and TPs, then you will have done your four qualifying flights.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And I'll add my welcome to you alifesjourneys, welcome to the BA forum here on Flyertalk, welcome for emerging out of lurker life. It's only thanks to contributions from people like you that there is anything to see here.

And to add to Globaliser's comments, I can't recall any issue on it crediting automatically either. Every so often some circumstance which causes hassle fairly routinely (e.g. Iberia BA codeshares) and someone gives the advice to call up BAEC and get it sorted out. But on this specific example. so long as everything goes to plan then it should be fine. It may take an extra day to credit (or longer over certain weekends) but certainly within a week you should have your eligible flights. Best to check on BA.com full site, the App gets confusing in this area.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for the warm welcome and the sage advice. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Just thought I would let everybody know that all Tier Points, Avios and BA Flight Segments credited without issue and within two days of completing travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.