Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collecting Avios on China Southern flight

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Collecting Avios on China Southern flight

I understand that BA and China Southern recently announced a codeshare agreement for some domestic flights within each other's countries. But I was wondering if it was possible to credit a China Southern flight (LHR to CAN) to my BA account? Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Traveller91
I understand that BA and China Southern recently announced a codeshare agreement for some domestic flights within each other's countries. But I was wondering if it was possible to credit a China Southern flight (LHR to CAN) to my BA account? Thanks in advance!
No. Codesharing is not the same as being an Executive Club/Avios partner. China Southern is currently not a British Airways Executive Club partner.
You should earn avios and TPs if you book under the BA code of a china southern operated flight; nothing if booked under the china southern code.
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum Traveller91, it's good to see you here.

You would get TPs and Avios on that service if, and only if, it was sold to you as a BA codeshare, which I don't think has happened yet. If it is prime China Southern, not "Sold As BAnnn" then no Avios, no TPs.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Unless it is booked under a BA code, I do not think you will get anything for that flight

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 2, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the very prompt response!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.