Wiki Posts
Search

BA mobile web page

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
BA mobile web page

There used to be an option to switch the mobile BA.com to display as a regular desktop site. I just tried finding this without any luck. Anybody know how to do this? The link at the bottom is gone, and when I request the desktop site in safari browser, it just reloads the mobile version.

Unfortunately the mobile site seems limited in terms of functionality. The best joke is the "book now" button that is always there, irrespective of how much you scroll. But when you click it, nothing happens...
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I just checked on my phone (android) and for me there is the "Desktop Site" link at the bottom, near FAQ and "Contact" links. Sorry I can't be of help.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: EK,BA,QR
If you haven't already got one installed, download the Chrome app and go on to BA from there, hopefully. It's not so "linked" to open apps as Safari.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:19 am

Mobile (a.k.a. WAP) websites are sóóóó 2003 ....
In this modern era, smartphone browsers are capable to do the same fancy things as computer based browsers, and well designed websites (fortunately more and more websites get this) are 'responsive', which means that they are also displayed properly in a narrow screen in portrait mode.

Originally Posted by offtothehills
If you haven't already got one installed, download the Chrome app and go on to BA from there, hopefully. It's not so "linked" to open apps as Safari.
Chrome has the same limitations as Safari.
On iOS, you can download ($2) the iCab browser and set it to a Desktop user agent. Safari and Chrome lack this permanent future,you can set it once to 'desktop', but the next time you open it, the browser uses an iOS user agent as weel, resulting in a 'mobile' site again.
Probably the reason for this is that website owners and OS makers (Apple / Google) push users to using dedicated apps, which are no more than custom browsers with limited functionality for the user but enhanced functionality for the vendor: data tracking is easier in a dedicated app (check the permissions !) than in a general purpose browser.

BTW, 'mobile' is the wrong term: a laptop is also a mobile device, but they run an OS which default to a 'desktop' view in the browsers.

EDIT: On the site (what a 2003 era WAP site ....) there is a link below to the original site.

Last edited by airsurfer; Mar 25, 2018 at 2:26 am Reason: Add screenshot
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
How very odd... I just tried again. On iOS/Safari the "desktop" link is missing.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
How very odd... I just tried again. On iOS/Safari the "desktop" link is missing.
I just tried it on the iPad (iOS 11.2) but ba.com opened with the full desktop site. On an iPhone, try landscape mode, then it detects the screen is wider.
Portrait mode is clunky for visiting websites. Use landscape mode for most websites in your browser.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can't see the 'desktop' link either.
With Safari (iPhone), if you press and hold the 'refresh' button circled in the image you will get the option to request the desktop version of a site. For BA.COM though, this doesn't appear any different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.