Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flight + car question (BA Holidays booking)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight + car question (BA Holidays booking)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by hanrahantom
I have experience of picking up the keys on the day of arrival, and leaving the car in the car park until the following day with no problems.

I plan on asking my wife to do this in GRU in August as I will be full of LPGS when I land at 6am and unable to drive the hire car lol and she doesnt like driving abroad
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hanrahantom
I have experience of picking up the keys on the day of arrival, and leaving the car in the car park until the following day with no problems.
Me too, several times. I was told to simply leave the Avis paperwork (like the paper hanging from the internal mirror) to show that the car was still on a hire, and not a returned car.

Re the changing bookings thread, I returned an Avis car one day early once, and was charged a significant amount extra. The explanation, comfirmed by Avis CR later, was that I had not honoured the original contract, despite Avis having the car available for a new hire one day early ! FWIW this booking did not include a Sat night so I wasn't apparently benefiting from a cheapie deal. The logic baffled me but I had to swallow the increase.
RJD1983 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.