Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Gold or Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:48 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
I have five lifetime memberships now and I am freaking proud of them:- British Airways Lifetime Gold, Qantas Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, World of Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Starwood Lifetime Platinum.

I am not stopping there, I am over 68% of my way to Lifetime with Asiana Airlines for Star Alliance Gold and Hilton Diamond.

Last edited by 380Flyer; Mar 24, 2018 at 11:14 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I have five lifetime memberships now and I am freaking proud of them:- British Airways Lifetime Gold- Qantas Lifetime Gold- Marriott Lifetime Platinum- World of Hyatt Lifetime Globalist- Starwood Lifetime PlatinumI am not stopping there, I am over 68% of my way to Lifetime with Asiana Airlines for Star Alliance Gold and Hilton Diamond.
What do you do?!
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by teledude
What do you do?!
Professional sales
teledude likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:49 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Professional sales
Of airline loyalty schemes?

Very impressive tally of Lifetime programs...although I dare say potentially detrimental in other areas of one's life.

M
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Of airline loyalty schemes?

Very impressive tally of Lifetime programs...although I dare say potentially detrimental in other areas of one's life.

M
I started years back so ripping the fruits of the trade now!
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A few points to make:

1) Always shoot to complete the one that is attainable in the mid-term future, not long term, you never know when your circumstances change.
2) Always better to spread your eggs around. It seems that you are very Oneworld heavy. Speaking as someone who has only four lifetime statuses, rather than your five, but three of them are with airlines, I can say that having three Golds, or Plats (or whatever the top regular status is with a certain airline) is generally better than having super status on only one or only one alliance.
3) At some point, it just becomes anti-climactic. I'm of the cusp of perhaps one more lifetime program, and possibly, if another program does institute a million miler status, which I have been assured that they will in the next year or two, I'd qualify for that. Otherwise, I'm done chasing these things, as the thought of spending another 1,000 nights (or whatever) in another hotel program, or going from zero to a million or two in a new airline program at this point just seems silly. For many years I prided myself in being able to keep top tier status in six airline programs and 2-3 hotel programs, as I let a few go, you know what? It really hasn't effected me at all........
SuperstarDJ likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
I have five lifetime memberships now and I am freaking proud of them:- British Airways Lifetime Gold, Qantas Lifetime Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, World of Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Starwood Lifetime Platinum.

I am not stopping there, I am over 68% of my way to Lifetime with Asiana Airlines for Star Alliance Gold and Hilton Diamond.
Get the Hilton Aspire credit card from Amex and you’re essentially Diamond for life and if you’re able to blow through all the annual credits and free nights, it’s essentially a net negative fee card. Saves you the effort 😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.