Wiki Posts
Search

Was I too late?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Was I too late?

I was unable to check in online at T-24 for my BCN connection to LHR in CE. Due to traffic, I got to the check-in desk at 9:13 for a 10:10 departure and was told it had closed and they could only accommodate my wife and I in Economy. It was an Avios booking connecting to SAN in F.

We took it, but is that right, and if not, can I get some of my Avios back?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Yes you were too late. European outstation checkin closes 45 minutes before departure, except at AMS, BCN, LIS, MAD, MXP, LIN and PMI where it is 60 minutes.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...|||||L2|||||||

Rules
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by michelin
It was an Avios booking connecting to SAN in F.
Were you able to travel in F from LHR to SAN, or did you have to travel in economy for the entire journey?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response. Fortunately, I had reserved the F seats well in advance and that part was not impacted. Just a shame that I had tried to check in online and was given the direction I had to do it at the airport.

Not awful, and the LHR-SAN leg in F was outstanding.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:49 pm

Did you end up on the 10:10 flight?

Sadly being just too late means no compensation, but at least you didn't lose the rest of the ticket and CE to ET is not a major change.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So you travelled in ET rather than CE?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:10 pm

Good to hear of your outstanding F flight ^. Bad luck re the CE connection, sounds like it is one of those things and to let it go. At least you were still able to make the flight even though you were late.
michelin and haroon145 like this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
If the OP was late for CE check in, wouldn't he be also late for ET check in?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jms_uk
This is the bit I don't understand either. BCN is one hour (probably unnecessary at this time of the year, but it is due to passport delays at peak periods). Either FLY allows it or it doesn't. Unless the OP was actually shifted to another service.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I assume he was booked on a later connection in Y, but still in time for the LHR SAN flight.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They may have reopened the flight but the OPs seats in CE had been given to standbys.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:35 pm

My husband checked in on line for a LHR to CLT flight, got to the desk at 57 minutes before his flight to check luggage, and they wouldn't let him on the flight. I think OP is lucky they let him on at all.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dougzz

I assume he was booked on a later connection in Y, but still in time for the LHR SAN flight.
The agent at the desk made a call (to the gate, I believe, and got us on on our original flight. I believe that at the hour mark, they gave away our two CE seats, which then opened up the two ET seats. I believe the agent said that CE had closed, not the whole flight, though that could have been lost in translation. They also said we could wait until all boarding was over, to see if there were two empty CE seats, which there were none.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Suzzin
My husband checked in on line for a LHR to CLT flight, got to the desk at 57 minutes before his flight to check luggage, and they wouldn't let him on the flight. I think OP is lucky they let him on at all.
Yes, us and the others who were caught up in the same traffic jam getting to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.