Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complaint response de-coder

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by jerub
If I had a choice between compensation or organisational change, I would take the change every time.

The reason I complain is because I want and need to fly on BA again, not because I want compensation.
Yes. This. So much this.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
I've just been speaking to a friend who'd received exactly the same response from BA. She had ruined meals on both outbound (hair on cheesecake) and way back (inedible - I don't know the full story, just what she reported to BA), they offered her 4,000 avios (so Mr 10,000 for a missed meal when he didn't go hungry on the other thread did very well ). She challenged it, and got the response "To be fair to all of our customers we have to be consistent and although I understand why tou're asking, I'm afraid we can't increase our offer of compensation."

I read that to mean: "We've made a token gesture, you're not getting anything else otherwise someone else will complain they didn't get as good a deal for their grievance"
Just spoke to my friend, she went back to BA and said something along the lines of "You've offered me 4,000 for a hairy cheesecake and inedible food... This bloke <insert link to the infamous missed meal thread> didn't have his veggie meal loaded, ate an ordinary one anyway, and got 10,000 Avios". BA's response "yeah, fair enough, here's 10,000 Avios"! She's really chuffed with the power of FT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.