Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge access for solo traveler age 17

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lgwflyer
I am doing an ex-eu trip in j class originating from Dub and going to mco via lhr and mia on ba and aa metal,
The LHR-MIA would be from T3 which has 4 lounges to choose from, should you be rejected on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd attempts.

Details here: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
lgwflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
When I was BA Silver at 15/16, I got into any longe I tried. I only once had hassle, by T5B gates.
lgwflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 6:35 am

Young rapidex used to use the line "if you dont let me in I will go and find a random paedophile and guest him in", that always worked. Now he is 18 he can prop up the bar in the CCR to hi hearts content. He will be there early next month on his way to HKG for the sevens.
nufnuf77 and lgwflyer like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Some...
Even Arya Stark can't access the lounge
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: American, United
It was really awkward watching AA throw some 17 year old out of the lounge at LHR for trying to drink. He had been warned and just wouldn't learn.
lgwflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:46 am

The idiocy of youth. He should have been in the QF lounge.
Flame3601 likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold
Thanks all for the replies and advice,

I will post an update once I have completed my trip.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
The LHR-MIA would be from T3 which has 4 lounges to choose from, should you be rejected on your 1st, 2nd or 3rd attempts.
I'd imagine that a minor departing from T3 should try CX and QF lounges first as both lounges (IIIRC) have bartenders rather than free pour booze.

Originally Posted by rapidex
Young rapidex used to use the line "if you dont let me in I will go and find a random paedophile and guest him in", that always worked.
That escalated quickly!
rapidex and lgwflyer like this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I'd imagine that a minor departing from T3 should try CX and QF lounges first as both lounges (IIIRC) have bartenders rather than free pour booze.
There is beer on tap in the CX J lounge, with a bartender for everything else, but I agree on the idea that it would be "safer" than the BA lounge.
lgwflyer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
There is beer on tap in the CX J lounge, with a bartender for everything else, but I agree on the idea that it would be "safer" than the BA lounge.
That's what I was thinking, I intend to try my luck in the CX or QF J lounges first then if I don't have any luck with them try the BA and AA lounges
Old Mar 13, 2018, 3:36 pm

Depends whether you want to drink or not of course...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I am 24 and I have been asked to see my ID for the first time ever today in the BA lounge in SEA. At the bar though, not at the entrance.
Been using lounges quite frequently since I am 16 and interesting that it happened for the first time at 24.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by lgwflyer
That's what I was thinking, I intend to try my luck in the CX or QF J lounges first then if I don't have any luck with them try the BA and AA lounges
I would definitely recommend the Cathay lounge. Apart from the fact that my favourite airline needs all the money it can get from lounge access charges to BA, my 14 year old has never been turned away from the Cathay lounges when travelling on his own so that looks like a fairly certain (and actually very good) backup option for T3. He's not a fan of their champagne either so he's a cheap date for the lounge staff
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Smile

Originally Posted by srallen
It was really awkward watching AA throw some 17 year old out of the lounge at LHR for trying to drink. He had been warned and just wouldn't learn.
Was he in the middle of a breakdown? Ort did the lounge staff assume he had an alcohol problem?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Depends whether you want to drink or not of course...
key point surely ?

There seems to be some unwritten corollary on FT threads that Lounge = alcohol. Surely its appropriate that premium passengers regardless of age can enjoy the full benefits of the fare purchased / gifted / redeemed? Don't jump down my throat about babies blah blah!!

Inane local laws about licensing of premises should have no bearing in international zones - most behave responsibly - sure there are those folks that don't and its not age driven.

I'd rather have a sensible 17yrs old next to me enjoying the experience than an the ever increasing dykwia and tribe getting laced and challenging the poor sods who have to work in the lounges day in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.