Wiki Posts
Search

Does 'You First' still exist?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:23 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus

Interesting. Given T5 traffic is approx 40m PAX per year this works out to about 2% of all PAX.

This was their figure from mid 2017, I'd be interested to know how many of them are travelling in F or are GCH travelling in Y,W, or J
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
2,000+ pass through the Fwing daily apparently
many will be gold card holders and guests though so that’s why my estimate for actual F passengers
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nufnuf77

many will be gold card holders and guests though so that’s why my estimate for actual F passengers
I understood, was just adding 2¢
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If a tree falls in a forest and no-one hears it, does it make a sound?

:-)
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep - booked a spa treatment last week using their online form, got a response within an hour..
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
This was their figure from mid 2017, I'd be interested to know how many of them are travelling in F or are GCH travelling in Y,W, or J
Last time I peeked at the daily briefing sheet in TFW it listed ~1300 Golds for what was probably a typical business day, out of the ~40000 overall passengers.
All She Wrote likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:47 am
gms
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
So You First actually just called me this afternoon, before I could get round to calling them! They only reason they called was that we are departing from T3 and apparently the spa only does a small subset of treatments. So while a couple of slots were free they cannot do the options we had selected. So we needed to select alternatives.

I hadn't realised that the T3 spa was much more limited in its options compared to T5. There's definitely no reference to this on the BA website.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gms
So You First actually just called me this afternoon, before I could get round to calling them! They only reason they called was that we are departing from T3 and apparently the spa only does a small subset of treatments. So while a couple of slots were free they cannot do the options we had selected. So we needed to select alternatives.

I hadn't realised that the T3 spa was much more limited in its options compared to T5. There's definitely no reference to this on the BA website.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

If you hit the drop downs for the various treatments it tells you which are not available in T3
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:59 am
gms
Original Poster

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mis-travel-spa

If you hit the drop downs for the various treatments it tells you which are not available in T3
I missed that. But also a bit confusing, since some treatments show "* *" to highlight the connection to the footnote "** Currently not available at Terminal 3". Others don't show "* *" just the footnote! Anyway, still seems weird to me that BA can't offer a consistent service at its home airport!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 8:02 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by gms
I missed that. But also a bit confusing, since some treatments show "* *" to highlight the connection to the footnote "** Currently not available at Terminal 3". Others don't show "* *" just the footnote! Anyway, still seems weird to me that BA can't offer a consistent service at its home airport!
I agree, that said when has the website ever been user friendly
Old Mar 9, 2018, 9:09 am

Yes I believe they do. Try calling or check spam.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by gms
It’s not that they “can’t offer a consisten service”, it’s that they are limited by the staff at the Elemis spa, which is a third party company, and only a fraction of their F pax are passing through T3 as only limited flights depart there.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
If a tree falls in a forest and no-one hears it, does it make a sound?

:-)
If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman there to hear him ---- is he still wrong!
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:49 pm
gms
Original Poster

Originally Posted by denner51

It’s not that they “can’t offer a consisten service”, it’s that they are limited by the staff at the Elemis spa, which is a third party company, and only a fraction of their F pax are passing through T3 as only limited flights depart there.
BA is not limited by the staff at Elemis. BA must have a contractual arrangement with Elemis and at some point they have mutually agreed to offer reduced service at T3. If BA wanted to offer a comparable service to customers departing from T3 they could. They have chosen not to.

Yes T3 only represents a subset of BA's overall LHR long-haul schedule, but there are ~10 BA long hauls departing T3 (some daily variations). All are either 747 or A380 aircraft. So potentially ~140 F passengers plus maybe up to ~700 J passengers passing through. Not exactly small numbers.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 2:57 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Can someone remind me of the YouFirst email address? The API isn't accepting my girlfriend's details, and neither the Gold nor the Youfirst phone line has been picking up since Saturday (I've waited 15 minutes 4 times so far) and I'm getting a bit fed up. Clearly I'm not currently GGL, but as a Gold flying in First, it seems to me that getting some customer service is not an unreasonable request.
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Apr 9, 2018 at 3:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.