Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would you like to see in WTP?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 10:53 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
....me in the aisle seat B at the rear of the wtp cabin and no passenger in the window seat next to me
trooper likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Bcla
Now you have me thinking as to whether I've received it at DFW. Guess I'll find out this year.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Bcla, it's good to see you here and I hope you continue to contribute here.

My understanding is that sparkling wine is available departing LHR and LGW, and has been part of the customer service standard since mid 2015 onwards. For trips to London the difficulty is keeping the wine cool so it sometimes isn't offered, particularly in summer, but otherwise it would be available except for a handful of dry locations. No recent changes in this area.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 11:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Usable power socket & USB on all planes (especially the old 772s)
Wide, fast touchscreen
Better pillow / blanket
No IFE floor-boxes
Rapid & proactive clearance of used trays after meal (AA does this seemingly in seconds after you finish eating, in its PE)

I've had some great WTP flights, but also some pretty poor ones (MCO & BKK, take a bow...). I'm now starting to prefer AA PE for transatlantic, after 4 or 5 trips on it.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Bcla, it's good to see you here and I hope you continue to contribute here.

My understanding is that sparkling wine is available departing LHR and LGW, and has been part of the customer service standard since mid 2015 onwards. For trips to London the difficulty is keeping the wine cool so it sometimes isn't offered, particularly in summer, but otherwise it would be available except for a handful of dry locations. No recent changes in this area.
Thank you for the information.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; M&M FT
Originally Posted by Joshm300
Pro-actively offered after dinner drinks/liqueurs (like virgin).
A nice touch that costs little; Lufthansa even offers that in Y ...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:26 am

Having just done 8 hours in WTP on a mid-J 747, I have only one request: refurbish or retire. How they justify selling this alongside the new WTP, or the refurbished cabin, I just don't know.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Its own dedicated flight attendants. Putting the mid-J 747 offering to one side, I find service in PE consistently more absent than in Y, and I largely see this being down to the FAs' multi cabin responsibilities and PE's geographical location relative to the galleys.
I wonder if the PE service experience on the 86J 747 is any better/different - being located directly in front of the main Y galley. Any one noticed any difference?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My understanding is that sparkling wine is available departing LHR and LGW, and has been part of the customer service standard since mid 2015 onwards.
Interesting - I've flown WTP ex-Lon perhaps 9 or 10 times in that timeframe, and have only been offered the sparkling wine once - I only recall because I perceived it as unusual.
To be fair, despite being Scottish, I'm not much of a drinker, so I'm not really that bothered about it.
Far more important to me is the availability of in-seat power. Far too often I get on aircraft where this just isn't available, or if it is seemingly available, isn't working.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I've only flown BA WTP a few times, but here are my wishes:

Better pillow and blanket
Improved wine and glassware
After dinner drink service
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:05 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Having just done 8 hours in WTP on a mid-J 747, I have only one request: refurbish or retire. How they justify selling this alongside the new WTP, or the refurbished cabin, I just don't know.
This. I flew WTP on BA010 from BKK To LHR for 13 hours. That route operated a B772 which has not been refurbished. No seat power, TV's not working (Even if they did they are tiny). BA Seriously need to consider getting rid of these aircraft or refurbishing them immediately. I'd go as far as to say that the A320's operated on routes in Europe are even better than some of the aircraft which they operate on select long haul routes. I won't be booking with them for my next trip to Thailand based on this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
Originally Posted by mjh0
I wonder if the PE service experience on the 86J 747 is any better/different - being located directly in front of the main Y galley. Any one noticed any difference?
The refreshed 777s at Gatwick will have their own dedicated WTP crew (2 crew members, one for each side). Though I've been told this is also true of WT on these aircraft, with their own dedicated cabin crew per section of the cabin.
corporate-wage-slave and mjh0 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:01 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by JackDann
This. I flew WTP on BA010 from BKK To LHR for 13 hours. That route operated a B772 which has not been refurbished. No seat power, TV's not working (Even if they did they are tiny). BA Seriously need to consider getting rid of these aircraft or refurbishing them immediately. I'd go as far as to say that the A320's operated on routes in Europe are even better than some of the aircraft which they operate on select long haul routes. I won't be booking with them for my next trip to Thailand based on this.
This is all fair. I've had some really good WTP flights in the 'new'/refurbished cabins but the older 2000 version is borderline embarrassing. A very uncomfortable flight to Haneda and a return from Dubai last week come immediately to mind.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
For me the issue with BA WTP is hard product - the seat I simply don't find that comfortable for some reason. Think it's the fixed armrest plus not really getting on with the footrest that comes out from under the seat. Wines / food etc I've been fine with

So while I'd prefer a WTP seat to a WT one if the aircraft is totally full, on an emptier flight I'd rather have eg a half share of an outside 3 in WT if I want to sleep, than a WTP seat. But this is based on very limited recent experience - have flown BA longhaul ex J only a couple of times lately - one leg WTP and one leg WT in an absolutely empty 744 main cabin.

However the main reason I'd book WTP in future is if I thought the flight offered a fair chance of a J op-up based on CIV score plus upselling from WT. Have had that happen three times now when travelling with Mrs Pascoe and it's worth a gamble I reckon.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 7:12 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Larger seat pitch/more recline - doesn't have to be massively more, but something like 40/42 inch would be great. Plus an upgrade of the old IFE
All the rest is fluff I find. I'm not flying WTP for the gourmet food or drinks. Ground service doesn't bother me - it's only a short part of the service, and if you have status it really isn't relevant. Blankets I don't really care, and I've got my own Bose QCs.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP
On Virgin is PE run by same FA's as Economy like in BA?

I would like a Brut sparkling wine not demi-sec

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.