Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
On my wishlist...

A) replacement of the remaining first generation with 2010 generation seats
B) a plumper pillow please

That is all
This and a decent second meal service.

Decent coffee would be wonderful but given the bilge served in Club, that ain't ever going to happen.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I like the “new” hard product - but it
needs to be rolled out on the whole
fleet.

- Consistent sparkling wine pre-takeoff
off
- better blanket
- better pillow
- better wine and spirit selection
- better snacks
- a consistent veg option for the main meal - you never get a veg option out of LHR so I have to have the WT meal
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Assigning the pre-makeover CW pillow and blanket to WTP would be a huge improvement over the current offering.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I agree that Virgin have this down. I don’t have any status with them but you feel the emphasis on the premium. In BA you are in no doubt the emphasis is on economy,

I’ve done 3 TATL in the last month. Eastbound I don’t bother with the food because I take a late flight so prefer to eat in the terminal and get to sleep. In the morning you get a nutrigain bar and a bun with cream cheese from a basket. This would be the easiest thing to improve.

Westbound would be improved by a bit better service. I appreciate the crews giving a couple of bottles of wine with dinner because you won’t see them again for a while but it clutters an already fairly tight space with a single tray serving. A club kitchen thing would really enhance this product but it won’t happen.

At least the fun sized mars bar has gone.
williamn78 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not yet flown WT+, but I do feel it could do with being made a little more special on the ground. I would consider:

(i) Special check-in at LHR and outstations where this is possible, combined with WT and ET otherwise

(ii) T5 lounge access at what is currently Galleries Club South and Galleries Club T3, and outstations - at T5 what I would do is turn the Galleries First into the Club lounge, accessible to those travelling in CW and CE, turn the Galleries Club North into the Galleries First accessible to Golds and Emeralds, and turn the Galleries Club South into Galleries Business accessible to Silvers, Sapphires and WT+.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Yep that bagel (I'm not sure it is any better than the Soreen it replaced) is grim. Very economy, not very premium.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I have not yet flown WT+, but I do feel it could do with being made a little more special on the ground. I would consider:

(i) Special check-in at LHR and outstations where this is possible, combined with WT and ET otherwise

(ii) T5 lounge access at what is currently Galleries Club South and Galleries Club T3, and outstations - at T5 what I would do is turn the Galleries First into the Club lounge, accessible to those travelling in CW and CE, turn the Galleries Club North into the Galleries First accessible to Golds and Emeralds, and turn the Galleries Club South into Galleries Business accessible to Silvers, Sapphires and WT+.
No way that will happen with the First Wing at South
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by williamn78
I've seen mentioned on a couple of threads here the prospect of changes (possibly even real improvements) coming to WTP. What would you like to see, within reason?

I'd like:
Pre-flight sparkling wine reliably available both in and outbound
First drink served in a glass rather than plastic
Decent coffee (forlorn wish given that its not even available in J)
Herbal teas
A reliably consistent service where I don't have to enquire as to where the pretzels / cheese / glass are on a regular basis.
I have flown WTP once a year (DFW to LHR) for the last five years except for last year and have always been given sparkling wine in a glass before take off. Have they stopped this?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Bcla
I have flown WTP once a year (DFW to LHR) for the last five years except for last year and have always been given sparkling wine in a glass before take off. Have they stopped this?
No but I find while you *usually* get it at LHR I have never been offered it on inbound flights (in my case usually from YYZ).
Old Mar 4, 2018, 5:04 pm

No but I find while you *usually* get it at LHR I have never been offered it on inbound flights (in my case usually from YYZ).
Now you have me thinking as to whether I've received it at DFW. Guess I'll find out this year.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
I'd like to see more "emphasis on the premium" with the product.

It sounds like better meals are in the pipeline, which is great, my priorities would be:
  • Choice of 3 hot mains rather than just two. One of which can be lacto-ovo veggie friendly. Potentially share these with J to improve overall loading %age and ability to serve 1st choices, or base on the Do&Co "upgrade" Y meals.
  • Less plastic in the service.
  • 2nd services different from Y.
  • Possibly wine from J. I know it's a tough ask.
  • Nicer desert. Not some pre-packed sickly gloop.
  • Separate priority check-in at LHR and other larger stations.
  • Better pillow.
  • Quicker tray pickup - seems less of an issue on mid-J, but on the rest of the fleet you sit for a long time waiting for tray pickup.
Living in MAN, I've been thinking of checking out AA's Premium Economy where it's been rolled out on MAN-PHL for some upcoming US trips.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mordac
Air New Zealand style skycouch!

Not as fussed as the meal as other people are, I'd rather have something as close to a bed as possible, at least for any flights one would be expected to sleep on.

In fact, what I'd really like is for something with the CW hard product, but without the amenities.
The Skycouch is actually Economy seating...... I think you mean the (now departed) Spaceseats. I too was a fan of those (not everyone was) but the new conventional Y+ on NZ look OK too..... I'll find out next month if the upgrades don't come through....
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Its own dedicated flight attendants. Putting the mid-J 747 offering to one side, I find service in PE consistently more absent than in Y, and I largely see this being down to the FAs' multi cabin responsibilities and PE's geographical location relative to the galleys.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:31 pm

Yep that bagel (I'm not sure it is any better than the Soreen it replaced) is grim. Very economy, not very premium.
...an unfrozen one would be even better! Breakfasts are a real let down IMO, particularly on TATLs from the East Coast in all classes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.