Wiki Posts
Search

BA 251 LHR to SCL loads 2/3/18

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

BA 251 LHR to SCL loads 2/3/18

Hi,
Can anyone advise on loads for BA251 tomorrow 2/3/18. My brother and his partner are travelling in J on an avios redemption (241). She could check in but he can't. Usual 'Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to airport check-in and collect your boarding pass.'

He's worried about downgrade.

Cheers

john
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat
Assuming you mean 3/3/18 it looks busy.

Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:39 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by john205
Hi,
Can anyone advise on loads for BA251 tomorrow 2/3/18. My brother and his partner are travelling in J on an avios redemption (241). She could check in but he can't. Usual 'Sorry, we cannot complete online check-in for your flight on this occasion. Please proceed to airport check-in and collect your boarding pass.'

He's worried about downgrade.

Cheers

john
Have a look here, there could be a number of reasons.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ficulties.html
Old Mar 2, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Yes, thanks.. I did, said todays date by accident!
Old Mar 2, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
According to the info listed above there is one in First and one in Premium. Could go either way.

Sometimes non-checkin is related to a document check. Could be SSSS 'extra security' and nothing to worry about.
​​​​
Old Mar 2, 2018, 6:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
According to the info listed above there is one in First and one in Premium. Could go either way.

Sometimes non-checkin is related to a document check. Could be SSSS 'extra security' and nothing to worry about.
​​​​
There is no SSSS on flights to Chile as far as I know.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:23 am
Original Poster

Hi,
Just thought I'd follow up with the outcome on this. He checked in fine at kiosk at LHR (no upgrade/downgrade, and seated correctly next to his partner - they hadn't paid to reserve seats in advance). It asked for some more information (not sure what) that he extracted from the BA app so it sounds like an IT glitch. (A little background on this avios redemption booking - there was a date change for the flights and they were rebooked into a revenue class. This was then fixed by BA and re-issued back in to U booking class. I wonder if at some point these changes meant some information didn't carry through causing the online checkin failure.

Thanks to those who provided advise.

john

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.