Wiki Posts
Search

very short trip report

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
very short trip report

In September I bought two first class tickets from Croatia to the US for around £2450 each which I thought was a good deal. I am in the middle of my second trip and wanted to give a very very brief trip report on a few highlights.

My first trip was a mix of BA on the A380 and AA on the 777W. Both were excellent with good crews, good food, good drink, etc. The only hiccup was that AA wouldn't check my bags through to Croatia because of an overnight in London but that turned out to be a blessing in disguise since I had to re-tag the bags and thus avoided customs in Croatia (they've gotten really strict of late, opening almost everything from non-EU countries). Was able to access the CCR on the way back despite the overnight since it was less than 24 hours in London. Brilliant. And very relaxing and quiet at 7 a.m..
Today I enjoyed three of the lounges in T3 since my flight was on AA. Loved the breakfast at the CX lounge (the Chinese set with noodles, dim sum and congee), the fruit salad at the Qantas lounge and the smoothies in the AA lounge. Had a really great crew on the AA flight to MIA and, best of all, they had LPGS in first!!! I think I drank at least half a bottle (six glasses??) before lunch and with the snack served 90 minutes before landing. Anyway, just wanted to let LPGS fans know that, at least this month, AA has stepped up their champagne game in first.

When I get back from this trip in.a few days,, I will also get back to Gold after dropping to Silver for a year--looking forward to having priority rewards available as well as the extra miles.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:01 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So this is mostly a review of AA? ;-)
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:06 pm

Did you get CCR access the next day? I thought the rule is only the same day if incoming flight is in F or if next flight is before 0600 next day?

I have a similiar situation in April. Arriving BA (F if I upgrade with Avios) to T5 and I have a connecting flight next day with AY (BA ticketed) from T3. Does this mean that I will have access to the first class lounge in T3 the next day? I am flying in C to HEL.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
Did you get CCR access the next day? I thought the rule is only the same day if incoming flight is in F or if next flight is before 0600 next day?

I have a similiar situation in April. Arriving BA (F if I upgrade with Avios) to T5 and I have a connecting flight next day with AY (BA ticketed) from T3. Does this mean that I will have access to the first class lounge in T3 the next day? I am flying in C to HEL.
I did get CCR access the next day (the day of my C flight) but that flight was from T5. But I was assured by members of this forum that at the very least I would have access to the First wing and the first lounges in T% if I was turned away by the CCR. So my guess is that you would have F lounge access if it's less than 24 hours. Just save your F boarding pass.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
So this is mostly a review of AA? ;-)
Well, kind of. I really wanted to point out that AA now has LPGS. But this was a BA ticket and I'm earning points and status with BA, and the flights are all BA coded and a few were BA operated so.... ;-).
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
I did get CCR access the next day (the day of my C flight) but that flight was from T5. But I was assured by members of this forum that at the very least I would have access to the First wing and the first lounges in T% if I was turned away by the CCR. So my guess is that you would have F lounge access if it's less than 24 hours. Just save your F boarding pass.
That is great news Are there anybody else with the same experience? My ticket is under 1 booking code and I am departing T3. The reason I ask is that I am considering upgrading JFK to LHR to F with Avios, but only if I get access to first lounge in T3 the next day
Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I think I drank at least half a bottle (six glasses??)
In my book (or indeed, anywhere that I'm pouring the champagne), 6 glasses is a whole bottle. Does AA have very small servings, or were you enjoying it too much to keep count by that point...?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltus
In my book (or indeed, anywhere that I'm pouring the champagne), 6 glasses is a whole bottle. Does AA have very small servings, or were you enjoying it too much to keep count by that point...?
Well, the glasses weren't full but they were the regular champagne flutes. Anyway, that was spread out over eight hours. But I got the impression that there were plenty of bottles on hand. The flight attendant asked me toward the end of the fight if I would like to take home the rest of the open bottle but unfortunately I was connecting. I didn't look around but I don't think that many people were having champagne (seemed like mostly cocktails and soft drinks).
Old Feb 27, 2018, 12:31 am
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
Excellent on the AA LPGS, this will make my AA flight a lot more fun.
eefor jfp likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
The flight attendant asked me toward the end of the fight if I would like to take home the rest of the open bottle but unfortunately I was connecting.
How on earth did she expect you to be able to do that?! Surely an open bottle of champagne (which can't be re-corked in my experience) for the journey home would be impossible. And if she decanted it it would be getting flatter by the minute. Unless there is some clever way that I have been missing out on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.