Search

New Uniform 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Dorothy Perkins - even for the men
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I like the idea of stars. A bit like my old primary skool. Worth developing further?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by woody90
From another reliable source...
The uniform will be designed and manufactured by a British high street retailer...
Originally Posted by JustTheOne
Another M&S tie-in!
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

M&S
I know you're all joking, but it actually is likely to be... the new Concorde Team uniforms are designed by M&S.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I like the idea of stars. A bit like my old primary skool. Worth developing further?
Do McDonalds staff still have stars on their badges? ...

If so we know where Alex eats
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nice thought, DYKWIA, but I doubt many CC could fit in that ... or indeed get through an over-wing exit.

Anyway ... I thought BA was supposed to be saving money, not spending it? How much will this PR bullshot actually cost? And will it be worth it at the end, apart from a bit of fluffy publicity?

I’ve grown accustomed to the AA approach ... wear what you like, as long as it’s dark blue. That must save a FORTUNE!!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:19 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
I`m imagining something like this, but sewn in at random spots in the fabric...

Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by T8191
Nice thought, DYKWIA, but I doubt many CC could fit in that ... or indeed get through an over-wing exit.

Anyway ... I thought BA was supposed to be saving money, not spending it? How much will this PR bullshot actually cost? And will it be worth it at the end, apart from a bit of fluffy publicity?

I’ve grown accustomed to the AA approach ... wear what you like, as long as it’s dark blue. That must save a FORTUNE!!
The £400m has to be spent on something
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There is no new uniform, the former Special Service team now called the Concorde Team will have a uniform supplied from M&S.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There is no new uniform, the former Special Service team now called the Concorde Team will have a uniform supplied from M&S.
That's incorrect I'm afraid CIHY. A new uniform is coming in 2019 to mark the centenary of the airline that is now BA - apparently staff will be involved in the design. Announced as part of 2017's EoY results.

I wonder whether it will be coupled with a new livery and corporate design - I'm already envisaging a variation of Iberia and Level called "British" (for nostalgia), mainly white with a red and blue box and the crest on the tail...
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TWEED1A
That's incorrect I'm afraid CIHY. A new uniform is coming in 2019 to mark the centenary of the airline that is now BA - apparently staff will be involved in the design. Announced as part of 2017's EoY results.

I wonder whether it will be coupled with a new livery and corporate design - I'm already envisaging a variation of Iberia and Level called "British" (for nostalgia), mainly white with a red and blue box and the crest on the tail...
They might ask M&S to advertise on the side of plane to help pay for the costs

I can see it now... “This isn’t just any plane, this is a British Airways plane
Old Feb 23, 2018, 5:09 pm

They better not mess with livery.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
If that Union Jack goes, I'm handing in my Junior Jet Club badge...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
For cost savings crew can now just come in with whatever clothes they have in their closets... just be mindful not to confuse your cabin crew with the pax seated next to you.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
For cost savings crew can now just come in with whatever clothes they have in their closets... just be mindful not to confuse your cabin crew with the pax seated next to you.
They will just issue the staff with one of Alex's used once hi-viz. He wouldn't keep one in his drawer for the photo ops it would be a fresh one each time. After all this cost cutting only works if it doesn't affect him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.