Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Louisville SDF from UK, June 18.. what route would you take?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all,

I’m enjoying a resurgence in travel since putting a fear of flying behind me And not flying many years (and then with drugs and alcohol).

15th or 16th June 18, I’ve a work trip in Louisville SDF. I need to be in SDF by around 1900 Sunday 17th.

Departure - I can make a positional flight but my origin will be London / Manchester UK.

Return flight from SDF Louisville Departure 21st June.

So far Manchester looks the best bet vs LGW / LHR pricing (allowing me to book J class) at around £1500 (2 flights out, 3 return) & earns ~ 380 TP in J for £1500 ish.

Are there any good options to maximise TP / make a tour? I can be flexible with a stop over.

I’m BA Gold and heading towards a GUF this card year (November)

As a side note, I’ve already a GUF to use so if I’m on BA I may want to cash it in.
Calchas likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Nashville and car hire? 170 miles approximately. Not so good for TPs if in WTP I guess.

It's in a bit of a hole in terms of BA's coverage if looking at Columbus OH or Cincinnati. There again BCAL of all people manage to make St. Louis work financially, perhaps via cargo.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I’ve always gone via ORD. Decent length TATL followed by a short connection. They have F on that short route, do a few extra TPs. Can’t check at the moment, but you should get there in time on the 295 to make it to SDF by 19:00.

Enjoy the trip.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
UPS?

Sorry couldn’t resist.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I usually go through either Chicago or Cincinnati.

M
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
When I did the trip recently, there was a very cheap F flight to New York and I flew BA from there.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I've been watching SDF, LEX and CVG [Cincinnati] for a while as my girlfriend's folks live in Lexington. Not had the right deal worth booking yet though.

For general advice - those three airports, plus BNA as advised by cws seem to be the ones worth watching, if you don't mind hiring a car to finish the job. I've not seen appreciable differences between SDF and LEX, in that if there's a deal including one it seems to include the other for +/- not very much. CVG can sometimes be in a deal the others aren't included in. BNA wilth the upcoming non-stop might have some unique offers if it's acceptable - but obviously the plain 280TPs.

Routing seems fairly open, can generally force two connections if you want - I've not tried three [i.e. studied any maximum-mileage limits] - but any of the hubs from DFW east seem to work.

Don't think there's any great fares out there at the moment - there were some good ones from WAW a couple of weeks back, but better to ORD than to SDF/LEX/CVG.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
7/10 times I go via ORD. I have on occasion flown into LEX and IND and driven.

SDF is not well serviced by OW, and I have flown in and out from EWR on UA who have I think at least two a day.

could go from MIA on AA
Old Feb 19, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
I've done Louisville via Charlotte - might be worth checking the options with AA. Louisville is actually a nice airport by US standards!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
There's a bourbon tasting bar at the bottom of the moving walkway should you find yourself with a bit of slack in your timings!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.