Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Gourmet dinner 91% discount?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Confirmed, I've had upgrades from WT+ to J with a meal booked.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
So I'm very happy to be corrected.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Just as a contrast, I had a delightful chicken in truffled sauce with linguine last week in CE, which I'd have been happy to have paid money for in WT, if offered.
I think the DHL catered CE band 4 meals are generally much better than the CW ones....might have something to do with the incredible amounts of cream and butter they chuck into them. Delicious! Last summer there was a great Thai curry, which was bounds ahead of the CW one.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by shefgab
I think the DHL catered CE band 4 meals are generally much better than the CW ones....might have something to do with the incredible amounts of cream and butter they chuck into them. Delicious! Last summer there was a great Thai curry, which was bounds ahead of the CW one.
These CE meals actually come from Do&Co. It's just DHL that run the logistics operation.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Looks like BA have clocked this, can not seem to pay for a " upgraded meal " in WT !
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by Flame3601
Looks like BA have clocked this, can not seem to pay for a " upgraded meal " in WT !
Yeah I never understood the need for fake internet points and replies for stuff like this when you could just keep your mouth shut and enjoy the mistake.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Yeah I never understood the need for fake internet points and replies for stuff like this when you could just keep your mouth shut and enjoy the mistake.
No harm intended i guess from the OP, shame i did not see this earlier as i was looking forward to buying 10 meals for a tenner ! The option to even see the pay for an upgrade meal section is complete gone from MMB now, so clearly BA check this forum out more then we think. Now showing a error message when going via old external links.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flame3601
The option to even see the pay for an upgrade meal section is complete gone from MMB now, so clearly BA check this forum out more then we think.
I think since the infamous intern, BA have someone on watch 24/7
T8191 and Flame3601 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by EuropeToAsia
I'm sure the other pax who would have enjoyed it at that price are going to be thrilled that BA has been alerted via this post and can fix the glitch earlier than they would have done otherwise
Excellent spot...I doubt many would have thought this...
Another FT post that lowers the community level...

Once upon a time this was a forum that was amazing for its advice, now its some newer contributors prefer to criticise and moan...Somethings never change..
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I think the whole point of FT is to post about these things. You win some you lose some!
SK, mikeyfly, headingwest and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mjh0
These CE meals actually come from Do&Co. It's just DHL that run the logistics operation.
That's reassuring. I'm not sure I'd want to eat a gourmet meal prepared by a package delivery company.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
If it was an error price, at least it was a whole number: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25467600-post1.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.