Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fastrack immigration for arriving First passengers at Newark?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, VS G, Marriot Plat

Got an AMEX companion trip in First from LHR to EWR coming up.

Anyone know if there are any fastrack options for arriving First pax at EWR?

Or even experience of ‘paid for’ vip options if nothing for premium passengers. Really want to minimise time at airport.

Thanks in advance.

Ian
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
There is no Fast Track immigration for anyone at any US entry point except for those schemes provided by the CBP themselves (GE/NEXUS). No paid options either, not allowed.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:21 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
DHS doesn’t allow any fast track options anywhere in the USA
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
depending on arrival time you may be lucky and find if you're first off the plane (which you should be from First) and walk quickly you get to the desks with no queue...the later flights are sometimes good for this i.e. the late evening arrivals into BOS/EWR/JFK if you're in First and walk at a decent pace you can normally hit the immigration desks without really breaking stride...
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:17 am

deleted
710 77345 likes this.

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:54 am
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
If you are very quick, then the US CBP are holding a UK Enrollment 'Event' for Global Entry at the US Embassy in London between 7th March 2018 and the 3rd May 2018.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/global-entr...-event-London/

Good News! U.S. Customs and Border Protection are hosting a Global Entry enrollment event at the U.S. Embassy in London starting March 07 until May 03, 2018.

The enrollment center will be open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CBP officers will only interview Global Entry applicants with appointments.

The U.S. Embassy is located at 33 Nine Elms Lane, London SW11 7US.

Appointments will not take place during the UK holidays Good Friday (March 30) and Easter Monday (April 2).
You have to first apply via gov.uk here: www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

and pay £42, then $100 to the US CBP once your UK clearance comes back (usually a couple of days) then it took about 10 days before being able to arrange the interview in London (always providing there are still slots left). For example, I got my US 'Pending' clearance back on the 6th of February and was able to book a slot at the US Embassy for the 13th of March. There were still a lot of slots available after the 13th of March until the 3rd May albeit some days were fully booked.

BM
markle and spanners like this.

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Feb 13, 2018 at 7:39 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarneyMcGrew
If you are very quick, then the US CBP are holding a UK Enrollment 'Event' for Global Entry at the US Embassy in London between 7th March 2018 and the 3rd May 2018.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/global-entr...-event-London/

You have to first apply via gov.uk here: www.gov.uk/global-entry-usa

and pay £42, then $100 to the US CBP once your UK clearance comes back (usually a couple of days) then it took about 10 days before being able to arrange the interview in London (always providing there are still slots left). For example, I got my US 'Pending' clearance back on the 6th of February and was able to book a slot at the US Embassy for the 13th of March. There were still a lot of slots available after the 13th of March until the 3rd May albeit some days were fully booked.

BM
Great advice. Process couldn’t be easier and loads of appointments available so all done!

Tips for the US Embassy, don’t bring your laptop or a big bag, there’s no left luggage and no handy place nearby as there was an Grosvenor Sq. You need the South concourse the opposite side of the building from the river, don’t wait in the queue for Visas, go to the front and say you’re there for Global Entry and you’ll be shown to a different security station.

Don’t queue at the entrance to the building, just walk through the door and get the lift up to the 2nd Floor.

Then, you guessed it, don’t queue for Visa Services, turn left out of the lift and go around the corner for Global Entry appointments, there are signs but some are quite small.

Very efficient service and hopefully the end to long queues.

Thanks FTers, never would have known about the UK appointments otherwise.

BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by spanners

Great advice. Process couldn’t be easier and loads of appointments available so all done!

Tips for the US Embassy, don’t bring your laptop or a big bag, there’s no left luggage and no handy place nearby as there was an Grosvenor Sq. You need the South concourse the opposite side of the building from the river, don’t wait in the queue for Visas, go to the front and say you’re there for Global Entry and you’ll be shown to a different security station.

Don’t queue at the entrance to the building, just walk through the door and get the lift up to the 2nd Floor.

Then, you guessed it, don’t queue for Visa Services, turn left out of the lift and go around the corner for Global Entry appointments, there are signs but some are quite small.

Thanks for the US Embassy tips spanners.

I have my GE Interview in London next week, so your tips will certainly come in handy.

Roughly how long did the interview take and how long until you received your confirmation of Global Entry?

BM

Last edited by BarneyMcGrew; Mar 9, 2018 at 12:22 am
Old Mar 9, 2018, 1:26 am

Thanks for the US Embassy tips spanners.

I have my GE Interview in London next week, so your tips will certainly come in handy.

Roughly how long did the interview take and how long until you received your confirmation of Global Entry?

BM
10 minutes and you get it pretty much straight away.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
Many thanks.

BM
Old Mar 12, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
That said, I had my interview last Thursday morning and my account still not updated yet... I really hope there's not been either a delay or a mess up...

OK, update... email just dropped in, all approved! Now just wish BA would hurry up and join the Known Traveller Program but that's for another thread...

Last edited by spanners; Mar 12, 2018 at 6:48 am
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by spanners

I visited the US Embassy in London on Tuesday for my Global Entry Interview.

Just to add a little bit to Spanners excellent guide, if you are like me and can't walk very far/quickly and are travelling by public transport, the 156, 344 and 436 buses all stop on the main road by the Embassy (Helpfully the stop is called 'US Embassy' in both directions). It is two stops from Vauxhall Bus Station Stop E. When you get off the bus, go down the road where Waitrose is on the corner, then bear left.

There were two Gazebo things outside the Embassy. Go to the one marked for US Citizens (there was no queue at this one) and say you are there for Global Entry.

When you get to the second floor, turn left and left again. There are two seats on the right. Sit here until they call for the next person to go into either of the two white doored booths opposite the chairs. I arrived quite early for my appointment, but as there was no one else waiting I more or less went straight in, about 30 minutes before my allotted time, which wasn’t a problem.

The interview took about 10 minutes and I had to produce my Passport, Driving Licence and have my application number (which became my GE number). I was photographed, and my finger prints taken electronically.

I received an e-mail saying my GE status had changed before I had actually left the embassy – it is that quick. Now, a question for people here, as I forgot to ask at the Embassy.

I have a flight booked in a fortnight’s time from London to Albuquerque, via Chicago O’Hare (on BA LHR to ORD, then American Airlines from ORD to ABQ). This is my first flight in many years and I am travelling on a brand new ‘first time’ ESTA. Is my ESTA ‘married up’ with my Global Entry at some point? Also in order to make use of the TSA-Pre for the ORD to ABQ leg and my return domestic leg – how do I add my GE number to my booking on BA.com?

Many Thanks

BM
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have a flight booked in a fortnight’s time from London to Albuquerque, via Chicago O’Hare (on BA LHR to ORD, then American Airlines from ORD to ABQ). This is my first flight in many years and I am travelling on a brand new ‘first time’ ESTA. Is my ESTA ‘married up’ with my Global Entry at some point?
I seem to think on new ESTA applications there is a field for entering your trusted traveler number (memory may be letting me down!). However, if you have an existing ESTA it's not a problem and all ties up behind the scenes. When you arrive in the US and use the GE machine it recognises from your passport that you have an ESTA.

Also in order to make use of the TSA-Pre for the ORD to ABQ leg and my return domestic leg – how do I add my GE number to my booking on BA.com?
There is nowhere to put your trusted traveler number in on ba.com. Instead you need to put it in on aa.com using your AA booking reference (if you go in to seat selection in your booking on ba.com and select the AA flight it should tell you what it is). Once you access your AA booking reference on AA.com you should see a space to put your trusted traveler number in when updating your details at the bottom of the page. Alternatively when you get to the US ask an AA agent to enter your number and reprint you bp so it shows you with TSA pre-check.
BarneyMcGrew likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I seem to think on new ESTA applications there is a field for entering your trusted traveler number (memory may be letting me down!). However, if you have an existing ESTA it's not a problem and all ties up behind the scenes. When you arrive in the US and use the GE machine it recognises from your passport that you have an ESTA.

There is nowhere to put your trusted traveler number in on ba.com. Instead you need to put it in on aa.com using your AA booking reference (if you go in to seat selection in your booking on ba.com and select the AA flight it should tell you what it is). Once you access your AA booking reference on AA.com you should see a space to put your trusted traveler number in when updating your details at the bottom of the page. Alternatively when you get to the US ask an AA agent to enter your number and reprint you bp so it shows you with TSA pre-check.
Thanks for that KARFA,

Much Appreciated.

BM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.