Wiki Posts
Search

What meals are served on BA35 and BA36

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

What meals are served on BA35 and BA36

hello

Please could you tell me which meals are served on BA35 and BA36? I am flying to and from Chennai and the flight is at at least 10 hours both ways? We leave LHR at 1pm and leave Chennai at 5.30am? Many thanks
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by CharlotteC
hello

Please could you tell me which meals are served on BA35 and BA36? I am flying to and from Chennai and the flight is at at least 10 hours both ways? We leave LHR at 1pm and leave Chennai at 5.30am? Many thanks
What travel class? Should get a main meal and a snack meal in economy. You'll find a lot of special meals being handed out, as there's a high proportion of vegetarians from India on the flights, and it takes a fair time to get the normal service out.

[EDIT] I see from the other posts you've asked this in that you'll be in club world. Should be normal CW fare, i.e. one larger meal and a smaller one, and I'd be amazed if there wasn't a chicken curry in the mix somewhere, plus a beef option, plus veggie for the main.

Last edited by bisonrav; Feb 12, 2018 at 10:51 am
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Hello I am travelling on J. Thank you
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by bisonrav
What travel class? Should get a main meal and a snack meal in economy. You'll find a lot of special meals being handed out, as there's a high proportion of vegetarians from India on the flights, and it takes a fair time to get the normal service out.

[EDIT] I see from the other posts you've asked this in that you'll be in club world. Should be normal CW fare, i.e. one larger meal and a smaller one, and I'd be amazed if there wasn't a chicken curry in the mix somewhere, plus a beef option, plus veggie for the main.
A Beef Option to India? Holy cow!
Once at a company Restaurant the chef decided to have a “Halal Burger” on the menu. Burger was topped with Bacon !!! Once chef was informed he removed the word Halal.
rapidex and kosy91 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks just being nosey to see how CW works as have previously travelled Qatar in J
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
For the London to Chennai sector you will see the full menu about a month before departure via MMB, and you can pre-order if you wish (I don't bother). If it's more than a month away then you can't read too much into the current menu, it changes every month. For the return that will be a bit of a mystery, that won't be visible on MMB.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:50 pm

Beef menu on the outbound certainly in WT+, and I as I recall full English on the way back because of the ungodly hour,. By the way, there is Indian wine in the lounge, which is a good way of waking yourself up.

I haven't done it in Y for 2 or 3 years, but I think it was chicken pasta and some sort of cheese omelette when I did, and maybe a wrap an hour before arrival. Not very substantial for a long flight, and it was about that time I started stealing kettle crisps.

I love flying into Chennai - there's something about the colour and hubbub and heat when you land, and the smell of spices in the air, and I almost feel cheated if I haven't been stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the hotel.
deboyzoned likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Your memory is playing tricks with you, there is no beef served on Indian flights.
Currently we are serving, Lamb rump, vegetable curry, chicken curry and salmon salad in CW, lamb rump and vegetable curry in WT plus.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Your memory is playing tricks with you, there is no beef served on Indian flights.
Currently we are serving, Lamb rump, vegetable curry, chicken curry and salmon salad in CW, lamb rump and vegetable curry in WT plus.
Are you sure this has always been the same? In 2015 I did most of my flying in WT+ to India and remember pretty much always having beef when I fly WT+, the sort of fillet style thing with a little pie tin thing full of gravy. I do have a vague recollection that butter chicken was sought after, but possibly not in WT+.

I can't really argue with inside information though so I'll willingly take your word for it, particularly as the lamb rump sounds great - maybe I'm mixing recollections here. If you're going to be wrong, it's best to be definitively and authoritatively wrong, so I'll settle for that. It may have been a kettle crisp induced hallucination.

I always tried to avoid Indian style food on the flight, as there's no real point when you're about to be there for real. It is one of the few places in the world where I'd be delighted to be a vegetarian, the taste and colour of even quite modest food is stunning.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I cannot check back to 2015 but I can never remember serving beef on Indian flights.
bisonrav and deboyzoned like this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
I cannot check back to 2015 but I can never remember serving beef on Indian flights.
Thanks Can I help you

Thats exactly why I said "holy cow!" Bisonrav :-) in earlier post. Indians do not eat beef ....

Whilst in India, the vegetarian options are so gorgeous :-)

Bisonrav ... when you are in USA and your TP runs in August ... enjoy all the steaks :-)
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:37 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
Beef on Indian routes? LOL BA must be crazy!!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91
Beef on Indian routes? LOL BA must be crazy!!
I would hate a probably incorrect recollection I'd made to be the cause of an international incident. So I revoke the recollection - I think far more reliable sources have debunked it.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, Hyatt Prive, Hilton Impressario, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Roswood Elite, MO Fan Club
I would hate a probably incorrect recollection I'd made to be the cause of an international incident. So I revoke the recollection - I think far more reliable sources have debunked it.
Sorry I didnt mean to be rude or anything....I was just VERY surprised that BA or any other carrier flying on an Indian route would serve beef

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.