Wiki Posts
Search

Irreg Ops LPA today

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Irreg Ops LPA today

Hey ho. Got to the runway threshold on today's LHR-LPA then back to the gate. A poor child taken ill apparently. Now waiting at gate. No further info so far. Crew searching their ipads trying to figure out at what point they will go out of hours and need replacing because the LHR-LPA-LHR rotation is already a long day. 12 rows of club today and flight 100% full. A bit like travelling in a kindergarten although I make no complaints about that as I have the lights of my life with me as well! Hope we get off soon...
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by brentford77
Hey ho. Got to the runway threshold on today's LHR-LPA then back to the gate. A poor child taken ill apparently. Now waiting at gate. No further info so far. Crew searching their ipads trying to figure out at what point they will go out of hours and need replacing because the LHR-LPA-LHR rotation is already a long day. 12 rows of club today and flight 100% full. A bit like travelling in a kindergarten although I make no complaints about that as I have the lights of my life with me as well! Hope we get off soon...
They will not go out of hours for LHR-LPA for a long time. Duty hours work on next sector. If BA dont want to dispatch because the crew will not be able to operate the return, that is a commercial decision.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rapidex
They will not go out of hours for LHR-LPA for a long time. Duty hours work on next sector. If BA dont want to dispatch because the crew will not be able to operate the return, that is a commercial decision.
Was only going on what the galley crew were saying. One seemed to think she had about an hour of leeway. No chance of the flight not being dispatched with a full flight I'd imagine: worst case they'd use a relief crew. Anyway, family in question now offloading: poor folk. Bags will follow, and now we are being refueled! Hope they hadn't turned the ovens on up front or club's grub will be ruined! Not my issue though as I am in cattle class looking forward to the delights of BOB (in our case, 'bring' on board) as whilst I fed my two kids in the First lounge, my dearest wife who couldn't get into the lounge raided Pret for a couple of bags of cheaper fresher grub with more choice!
rapidex likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:22 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
They're showing a revised departure of 11.45 - how likely that is is questionable. The flight down should be pretty quick as they've had quite strong winds down there all this week according to Spanish TV
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
They're showing a revised departure of 11.45 - how likely that is is questionable. The flight down should be pretty quick as they've had quite strong winds down there all this week according to Spanish TV
Thanks Pucci - probably a long flight home for the poor folks on the inbound who will already be sitting at the airport thumb twiddling. When I booked the seats, I signed up for 5 days of balmy weather at circa 23C. in reality it looks like we are going to 5 days of rain and 17C which feels lower with the windchill factor! Beginning to wish it was us disembarking!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:40 am

Thanks Pucci - probably a long flight home for the poor folks on the inbound who will already be sitting at the airport thumb twiddling. When I booked the seats, I signed up for 5 days of balmy weather at circa 23C. in reality it looks like we are going to 5 days of rain and 17C which feels lower with the windchill factor! Beginning to wish it was us disembarking!
Oh Sweetheart - the Canaries are so fickle! (ask Delia Smith! ) - they are quite south and yet they are not in the tropics so hot weather just cannot be guaranteed in winter. Console yourself that it is probably one of the warmest place in Europe at the moment. Carnival is this weekend I believe - although the Miss Canary was on Thursday (I think). Have fun - at least there is no rain in the forecast and it wont be cold either.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Oh Sweetheart - the Canaries are so fickle! (ask Delia Smith! ) - they are quite south and yet they are not in the tropics so hot weather just cannot be guaranteed in winter. Console yourself that it is probably one of the warmest place in Europe at the moment. Carnival is this weekend I believe - although the Miss Canary was on Thursday (I think). Have fun - at least there is no rain in the forecast and it wont be cold either.
I shall indeed do my best. And I can console myself in that if my angst manifests itself in me following the lead of many brits before me and smashing up a bar in a drunken rage, at least I shall get to meet my brother who is the court interpreter!
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:51 am

I shall indeed do my best. And I can console myself in that if my angst manifests itself in me following the lead of many brits before me and smashing up a bar in a drunken rage, at least I shall get to meet my brother who is the court interpreter!
Darling - that's the spirit! Is that the only way that you get to meet your brother???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.