Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adding Passenger on to existing GGL Joker?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Adding Passenger on to existing GGL Joker?

Hi all,

I am GGL with TP year ending in Dec. I've had a lot of success in marking proactive Joker-ed reservations and changing these into something I actually want, eg different itinerary or dates--fantastic flexibility.

I preemptively booked myself on to an itinerary for late 2018 back in Nov before a Joker was due to expire in an effort to "hold" this Joker into my new year. However, I only booked this for myself, and now am looking to add an additional passenger to this same booking. Does any one know if it is possible to modify/add passengers to an existing Joker-ed reservation, when the Joker in question in from the previous TP year? I can't cancel and re-issue without using a new Joker...

Any help appreciated--looking to get educated before I try to convince the GGL line....
Old Feb 3, 2018, 1:54 pm

Should be no issue as long as there's availability. Worst case they'll cancel your booking and rebook for however many people you want to add to it.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Sorry, no advice but does that mean you can re-use a joker that has opened space from A-B-A to open space to fly A-B / C-A assuming C has joker availability?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I am looking at something similar for my first jokers which I got 2 days ago and expire on the 8th.
Good to hear that Carmer has had no issue changing itinerary or dates. How about class of service? If I book now in Y for a later date and when I know the dates, is it easy to change to first class?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
@Newly Wed My experience was having a joker booked for A-B-A , and then changing this to have itinerary A-C-A. I expect changing to the open jaw scenario you mention should be no issue. Note: You should not cancel the joker--you just need to have them change the existing reservation.

@DeltaFlyingProf Class of service should be no issue. One of my original booking had one leg in J, whereas I wanted F. I was explicitly told by GGL desk that I could change that leg to F at any time (even up to departure) if the right fare class became available (A for First, I for club). You should be fine to change both date and class of service. Again do not cancel the Joker-ed reservation or you will lose it--just change it.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.