Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weird labeling of e-tickets

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:27 am
Original Poster

Weird labeling of e-tickets

I'm doing a round trip IAH-LHR-EDI in April. A couple months ago a flight was moved and I had to call in an have my return LHR-IAH moved back to the later departure. In "Check My Trip" it was pointed out to me there are now 2 e-tickets issued, one for Outbound and one for return. All seemed well. Today I just noticed the e-tickets are labeled HOUSTON-LONDON and LONDON-HOUSTON respectively. Is this ok? Everything else looks ok, my EDI flights are there and all 4 total flights say CONFIRMED. Just weird the e-ticket isn't labeled HOUSTON-EDINBURGH.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Which flights were changed? And how long ago did you call to make the change? Was it soon after the flight schedule change?

On the face of it, this suggests that the new ticket may not have been issued yet. One check to make is whether either of the current ticket numbers is the same as your original ticket number.

If the version of CMT that you're using shows you the issued tickets coupon by coupon, that's another thing to have a look at.

The fact that the flights are "confirmed" means nothing, because that relates to the reservations, not to the tickets which are a separate step.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:47 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's normal for MMB to only show the first flight in the sequence.

I have an AMS-LHR-JNB-CPT-LHR-AMS itinerary later this year. It shows in MMB as just AMS-LHR, but when I go into the booking all the flights show.

Nothing for you to be concerned about if the change has been ticketed.
Attached Images  
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Globaliser, The first e-ticket is the original. The second is new. I called to make the change when I was alerted in MMB and it was ERRORing out when I tried to do it online. I don't know when the change was. Sometime between Sept. 9 and Oct. 12 I beleive, left me with a 15 min LHR connection on the return. The EDI-LHR leg was cancelled and replaced with a later one. I called in and the rep moved me from the 1st to 2nd departure LHR-IAH.

I did get a "Confirmation of Changes" email. That only shows the flight I had them move me to, BA0197. The e-mail then lists two e-tickets. The original and a new one.

NWIFlyer, MMB looks fine to me. I noticed this in the Amadeus Check my trip. CWS put out a link in another thread a while back I found.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you have two numbers beginning 125 you are probably OK. If you have two numbers beginning 001 then it may need a bit more work but I will leave that scenario for the moment, my fingers are too cold to type much. But I would expect all of the sectors to show in CMT. Now you didn't change the route so it probably just needs a revalidation, which is relatively simple operation and could be done in IAH or LHR. I would personally leave it to OLCI, but if that doesn't work properly I would immediately ring in to double check.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Am I right in remembering that changes often result in a ‘floating’ previous ticket ?.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you have two numbers beginning 125 you are probably OK. If you have two numbers beginning 001 then it may need a bit more work but I will leave that scenario for the moment, my fingers are too cold to type much. But I would expect all of the sectors to show in CMT. Now you didn't change the route so it probably just needs a revalidation, which is relatively simple operation and could be done in IAH or LHR. I would personally leave it to OLCI, but if that doesn't work properly I would immediately ring in to double check.
They are both indeed 125-********* and all flights and times show up and show confirmed. It was just weird looking how they were labeled in that Amex Amedeus site. MMB looks good to me and I can browse seats on all flights (haven't done so yet $$). Thought I would at leaset ask.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
I noticed this in the Amadeus Check my trip. CWS put out a link in another thread a while back I found.
Were you using https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...;SITE=XCMTXXNS ?

If so, is there an "e-ticket receipt" tab near the top? If you click that, do you see a panel for each of the four flights, even if they are split across two separate tickets?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Were you using https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...;SITE=XCMTXXNS ?

If so, is there an "e-ticket receipt" tab near the top? If you click that, do you see a panel for each of the four flights, even if they are split across two separate tickets?
I do indeed. Just the labeling next to the e-ticket numbers is all that looks funny. Guessing its just truncated and showing first and last segments.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bradleykhofmann
I do indeed. Just the labeling next to the e-ticket numbers is all that looks funny. Guessing its just truncated and showing first and last segments.
If you see a panel for each of the four flights, then you'll be fine - they each correspond to a coupon in the same way as in the old paper ticket booklets. If you have a coupon for each flight, then you should be fine.

Given what you describe as the sequence of events, I have a suspicion that the first ticket actually has three coupons: IAH-LHR-EDI-LHR (described as Houston-London) and the second ticket is simply for the last LHR-IAH sector (London-Houston). I can't remember whether CMT will actually show this level of detail. But as all of this is clearly within the same booking, I doubt that you will have any problems.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you see a panel for each of the four flights, then you'll be fine - they each correspond to a coupon in the same way as in the old paper ticket booklets. If you have a coupon for each flight, then you should be fine.

Given what you describe as the sequence of events, I have a suspicion that the first ticket actually has three coupons: IAH-LHR-EDI-LHR (described as Houston-London) and the second ticket is simply for the last LHR-IAH sector (London-Houston). I can't remember whether CMT will actually show this level of detail. But as all of this is clearly within the same booking, I doubt that you will have any problems.
Under the "trip summary' tab, all of the flights appear ok. IAH-EDI Flight 1 and Flight 2. Then EDI-IAH Flight 1 and Flight 2.

Under the e-ticket receipt, Only the second (new) e-ticket has "view Details" available. This shows the second e-ticket is just LHR-IAH. There are no details for the first e-ticket. I feel you are right that the first is IAH-LHR-EDI-LHR and thus my weird labeling of the e-tickets in 'trip summary'.

Last edited by bradleykhofmann; Feb 1, 2018 at 9:11 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.