Search

Lounge advice sought

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Lounge advice sought

Hi,

I appreciate this is my first post and rather than add to discussion, Im on here, cap in hand begging for information.

Im flying from ORD-LHR on BA in F, landing around half six/seven am at T5. I then have a connecting flight around noon from T3 in Club Europe.

Any advice on which lounges i should make a beeline for? (F arrivals and then??). Not sure if its of any use but i am BAEC silver.

Many thanks

JTN
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:12 am

I would do the Arrivals lounge (shower, freshen up etc) then connecting train to T3 (Heathrow Express is free between terminals)
and then Cathay Business Lounge (you can access it with your BAEC Silver).
If you end up having plenty of time, you could trial the Qantas and BA lounges as well, they are all next to each other.
Personally CX always wins for me.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:28 am

Head straight to T3 on the inter-terminal transfer bus, and use the showers in the CX lounge. Some prefer the QF showers, but my preference is CX personally.

No need to faff around going to the BA Arrivals lounge in T5.

Avoid the BA showers in T3/T5....
subject2load likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Welcome to FT JTnonny

Originally Posted by Tintin_on_the_road
I would do the Arrivals lounge (shower, freshen up etc) then connecting train to T3 (Heathrow Express is free between terminals)
and then Cathay Business Lounge (you can access it with your BAEC Silver).
If you end up having plenty of time, you could trial the Qantas and BA lounges as well, they are all next to each other.
Personally CX always wins for me.
I agree with the idea of using the BA arrivals lounge in T5.

As the OP is arriving in F they can use the F lounges in T3, so CX/BA/AA F, or the QF lounge. They would need to show their inbound F bp though so best to keep hold of it.
armouredant likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thats fantastic, many thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Indeed, this is the way to do things.

If Cathay are following the rules correctly you should be able to use the Cathay First lounge in T3. Ensure you state you arrived in First Class on British Airways and present your F boarding pass. Even if they fail to follow the rules, you can surely access the Cathay Business lounge with your BAEC silver card and Club Europe boarding pass (either would do).

You can also use the BA F lounge as well, but I suggest going to Cathay first.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:39 am

Cathay showers are better imo. Nicer inside and just generally better thought out (automatic taps in QF lounge make brushing your teeth a challenge, for example). BA showers are nowhere near as nice as either. CX J lounge has full English breakfast in the morning. No need to faff around with immigration / landside transfer etc.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.