Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6 Nations Rugby Travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
Well, I’m happy to report that no yellow cards have been shown so far! My chum is however very excited and is like a child in a sweet shop having been told they can pick anything!

A few games of cards pre flight and all is well.

Good of luck to the other FTers rugby teams.

Safe flying.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:22 am

We're safely checked in for tomorrow's flight. Safe travels for everyone and good luck to England.

#swinglow
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by marshy11
We're safely checked in for tomorrow's flight. Safe travels for everyone and good luck to England.

#swinglow
I've looked at Expertflyer for tomorrow's flights to FCO. I am surprised to see that there are seats on every flight and most are J9 Y9 which is really unusual for the day before a match in Rome. Were the flights just too expensive this year?? Mine were redemptions so I never really knew how expensive they were!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I've looked at Expertflyer for tomorrow's flights to FCO. I am surprised to see that there are seats on every flight and most are J9 Y9 which is really unusual for the day before a match in Rome. Were the flights just too expensive this year?? Mine were redemptions so I never really knew how expensive they were!
Ours were RFS; incredibly good value when I checked last (£680 plus each in CE). However, on seat selection (bronze) there seemed to be a hoard in the cabin. But yesterday I managed to change our 8d/f to 1d/f. On check in today there were lots of seats available. I still only managed seq 8/9 though. So, yes, too expensive I think.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:52 am

I think they’ve just mispriced it a little. There’s three of us going none of us are hugely price sensitive for this sort of trip but our eyes watered at some of the fares £450 wasn’t uncommon.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Our travel and dining plans for the weekend have just been finalised.

The journeys to the sofa will be free, and the OH has a casserole in the freezer. Plenty of wine in the cellar too.

All it needs is England to to make a comlete arrse of proceedings on Sunday.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:19 pm

Can I just say what an utterly fantastic day of rugby ^
Swiss Tony, HIDDY, GLA and 9 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Can I just say what an utterly fantastic day of rugby ^
Presumably there were empty seats on one of the LHR - EDI flights - I heard England didn't turn up?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Presumably there were empty seats on one of the LHR - EDI flights - I heard England didn't turn up?
I heard Scotland had an extra player on the pitch.
Swiss Tony likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Originally Posted by simons1

i had heard the flight was overbooked as the wheels came off their pre-planned chariot to carry them home.
andymcdonnell likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by marshy11
I heard Scotland had an extra player on the pitch.
But if you had watched the match, you’d have seen all the referee’s decisions were correct. (And the BBC analysts agreed with them)
GLA likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by muscat

But if you had watched the match, you’d have seen all the referee’s decisions were correct. (And the BBC analysts agreed with them)
He's probably referring to the 10 minutes that England spent with only 14 on the pitch.

Probably.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Watch out Eddie, we scuppered your Grand Slam and world record last year, and now we are coming for your Twickenham home record.......COYBIG!!!!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
apparently there were a load on the flight south heading homeward to think again
Knickam likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:44 am

Ok, i'm travelling First to Boston out of T5 on Sat. Flight is 19.10

France vs England should finish about 18.30

Chances of seeing the final whilste before having to board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.