Wiki Posts
Search

6 Nations Rugby Travel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
6 Nations Rugby Travel

For those Rugby loving FT fans, I’m sure you’re all getting excited about the competition which starts on Saturday, with England’s first game played in Rome on Sunday.

As is customary, many of us will travel to support the team. I’m travelling out on Friday from LHR. Luckily for those of you intending on enjoying the “tranquility” (!) of the Galleries North lounge at T5, the advance party will already be out in Rome so it’s just myself and a chum on the 1245 to LIN (connecting to FCO grrrr!). Having said that, my chum has not ecperienced a BA lounge, or indeed any other lounge, before so his etiquette may be a little below par. I will ensure he only consumes the one bottle of Grey Goose and leaves enough bacon rolls for you!

Safe flying peeps and remember to Swing Low....!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
...Sweet chariot!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:40 pm

And what about the other 5 nations supporters who may be travelling?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

They’re always welcome, of course! We don’t differentiate in rugby, everyone gets a cuddle!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
3 of us will be on our way to FCO on Saturday.. all in GF late morning.. I’ll try to ensure my guests behave 😊
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Do they have 25 year old Talisker in the lounge? (points to anyone who gets that reference!)
ajamieson and flyingmonkie like this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

error

Last edited by dombo17uk; Jan 28, 2018 at 12:57 pm Reason: Duplication
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Heading to FCO on Friday thanks to RFS, as last time I looked it was nearly £600 for a return ticket.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 12:56 pm

Travlling on Saturday on the 4pm flight to FCO from LHR, no status (lowly bronze) travelling CE out and back (6th). Feel free to make yourselves known! #swinglow
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Enjoy!!
Saving me Avios for next year WC2019 Japan...
Along with United Miles and IHG Points..
​​​​​​​
Hopefully I shall have most things covered.
nobbyclark likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Enjoy!!
Saving me Avios for next year WC2019 Japan...
Along with United Miles and IHG Points..

Hopefully I shall have most things covered.
Put in an application for a Scotland team pack for RWC19 today. Off to Cardiff (by train) this weekend!

​​​​​​​Can’t wait 😀
ajamieson likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
Well this thread will be awkward when Ireland sweep the board...
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MickV
Well this thread will be awkward when Ireland sweep the board...
3 teams represented in this thread so far and you’re the only one making any forecasts about results!

Touch of the Jonny Sextons?
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by dombo17uk

I’m travelling out on Friday from LHR. Luckily for those of you intending on enjoying the “tranquility” (!) of the Galleries North lounge at T5, the advance party will already be out in Rome so it’s just myself and a chum on the 1245 to LIN (connecting to FCO grrrr!). Having said that, my chum has not ecperienced a BA lounge, or indeed any other lounge, before so his etiquette may be a little below par.
Having so considerately given advance notification of the intended timing of your lounge visit BA will have time to have the necessary arrangements in place to show a yellow (or even a red) card to your ‘chum’ should his behaviour so warrant.

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

He just gets a little excited! He will never have the opportunity to gain any sort of status or even fly J on his own. The whole thing will be a novelty for him!

I will ensure he obeys all conmands from the ref. Let’s just hope they don’t have to rely on the TMO for anything-that will indicate everything has gone wrong and Travel plans will have to be conceded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.