Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA owner IAG looses bid for NIKI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
BA owner IAG looses bid for NIKI

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ni...-idUKKBN1FC0GN

Niki filed for insolvency in Berlin last month after Germany’s Lufthansa scrapped plans to buy the carrier.

After hurried talks to ensure Niki retained valuable runway slots, IAG agreed at the time with the German administrator it would buy the business for 20 million euros (17.57 million pounds) and provide 16.5 million in liquidity to make it part of its low-cost business Vueling.

But courts in Germany and in Austria ruled the proceedings had to move to Austria.

IAG accepted defeat on Tuesday.

“IAG is disappointed that Niki will not be able to develop and grow stronger as part of the group,” it said in a statement.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Why would moving the legal proceedings from Germany to Austria affect things? Are the insolveny laws there that different?

And fas per the article Niki Lauda has bought it
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Unsurprisingly, this news was posted to the existing Niki thread this morning: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29327805
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:36 am

I am glad they let go, holding on too tight never works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.