Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flat Tyre Rule | Cut Off For Meal Loading | Missed Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flat Tyre Rule | Cut Off For Meal Loading | Missed Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Not sure I understand why there was no food for you as out of LHR we always get topped up to the actual passenger load no matter when you purchase your ticket.

downroute is another matter, we cannot get topped up once the outbound sector has left LHR, so this can happen when not at LHR.

Stock permitting, we can now offer something from the M&S range where a meal has not been loaded.
This was also my opinion as that would have been a return catering issue, I wonder if the meal tray wasnt loaded / damaged / short or whatever and I just lost out due to being the last booked?

Who knows
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:30 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There is a further (and new) option that the SCCM can authorise up to £10 of catering off the BoB trolley, or an iPad Customer Relations gesture, so a number of things seem to have gone wrong there..... If it happens again, use your Avios to buy some BoB and ring up Customer Relations after it has credited to see if they will refund it.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I wonder what the chances are of getting a (very belated) refund if one has been wrongly charged a change fee. A year or two back, the drive from my hotel in AUH to the airport at DXB took around 8 hours because the main motorway was flooded by a freak storm, and was closed half way. Probably the worst travel experience ever. I managed to move from an early afternoon flight to the late night flight, but although I explained the issue, I was charged a £100 pp change fee. I was unaware of the term entitling me (as it surely would have done in all the circumstances, as this was headline news in the UAE) to a free change. Maybe I will drop them a line, but with no hopes or expectations at all !
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Hi all had a chat with a lovely person from Customer relations today very apologetic and said I should have been offered a rebook as a gold member if I could prove why I was late and that there should have been no reason for a missing meal on an exLHR departure.

Got 8000 avois refund for the club Europe flight that I had to redeem as a replacement and 4000 avois for the missing meal which covered all the flights lol.

She said she couldn't refund the cash component 35 plus 25 as they were taxes fees and charges.

Happy with that outcome to be honest.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Hi all had a chat with a lovely person from Customer relations today very apologetic and said I should have been offered a rebook as a gold member if I could prove why I was late and that there should have been no reason for a missing meal on an exLHR departure.

Got 8000 avois refund for the club Europe flight that I had to redeem as a replacement and 4000 avois for the missing meal which covered all the flights lol.

She said she couldn't refund the cash component 35 plus 25 as they were taxes fees and charges.

Happy with that outcome to be honest.
Awesome news and a good outcome overall
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
Originally Posted by crmster
Awesome news and a good outcome overall
Sure is - I got absolutely zero assistance last week when I was stuck in Zermatt unable to leave the resort for 48 hours with around 9,000 others despite calling BA as soon as it was evident there was no chance of being able to leave and make the flight (at least 12 hours before hand).

I had to cough for the entire £300 new flight, plus I wasted two hours of my time trying to get any sense out of anyone.

BA didn't give a jot. It was despicable.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

One last data point from me. Refund of the taxes fees and charges from the missed flight hit my card today even though they said I wasn't expecting the interview a cash refund also? Oh well. Result. I'm now only 3099 available short of being paid to take the flight. Decent service recovery in my eyes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.