Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can I UuA a booking made with a staff discount?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver

A family friend used to work for BA and has said that I can book some work flights in WTP using his discount. Doing a dummy booking, it would book into T, so would I be able to UuA to CW (assuming there’s availability)?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
I don't know, but if it books into T, it would probably work as it is eligible. You should try it.

If it doesn't work, cancel within 24 hours and get fully refunded. Either way, let us know what happens
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I don't know, but if it books into T, it would probably work as it is eligible. You should try it.

If it doesn't work, cancel within 24 hours and get fully refunded. Either way, let us know what happens
Thanks! That was my thought, too. Given that it seems to be an eligible booking class. Won't book for a little while yet as dates are not 100% confirmed but will report back.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Be careful though - don't call them "work" flights since BA staff travel benefits are ONLY for personal travel. Your friend will lose his benefits if they're used for any kind of work travel. Definitely a "don't ask, don't tell" situation.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkyTeem
Be careful though - don't call them "work" flights since BA staff travel benefits are ONLY for personal travel. Your friend will lose his benefits if they're used for any kind of work travel. Definitely a "don't ask, don't tell" situation.
Good to know - thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Hotline bookings are not allowed to be UuA. The person who did you this favour could lose their benefits if an agent decides to escalate and it unravels. Your saving of maybe £100 could be disastrous. You'll have to stay in the cabin you've paid for or take a POUG
cbagent likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Hotline bookings are not allowed to be UuA. The person who did you this favour could lose their benefits if an agent decides to escalate and it unravels. Your saving of maybe £100 could be disastrous. You'll have to stay in the cabin you've paid for or take a POUG
Thanks - there's no way I'd want that to happen and it was not something I was aware of. I will just stick to booking in the normal way.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Absolutely stick to BA.com unless you're in the highest cabin; then there's no temptation / annoyance when Reward seats open up!
gustavmahler and BABenchley like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.